Did you eat in Paris or London?

fmingo36

On the first evening, we ate in the London dining room (lower). After that, our regularly assigned table was in the Paris (upper) dining room. Both dining rooms were very nice, with subdued lighting. In the Paris, we had a table for 4. Our tablemates only came to dinner once, we had a rather large table to ourselves. Our waiter was Kim. He was a hoot.:) We always asked him for his recommendations and he never steered us wrong.

I prefer the upper dining room because it seemed more intimate. The large tables (for 6 & 8) were in the lower sections and that just seemed so crowded to me. JMO. The only thing that I would have changed would have been a table by a window.

We ate in both also!!! London was our assigned table.. But on the night of Cozumel only the Paris was open so we ate in there!! Both were very nice only would have liked a table by the window!!! We were on the Lower level of the London dining room with a table for 4. But we saw friends of ours from cruise critics and they got the Matadre' (sp error) to let them sit with us!!!! That was a great time!!!!

Thanks GeecheGirl. You wrote that you ate in both dining rooms. Did you have a choice? Aren't you assigned a table??

Anybody else??

You're welcome. :)

On the first evening, I think the London dining room was the only one open. As we boarded, we were handed a card that told us what time we would have dinner that evening. We weren't due to sail until 10:00 PM, and apparently, most people were told by their TA's or perhaps Carnival, that boarding wouldn't start until 6:00 (it actually started at 3:00), so there weren't that many people at the 5:45 sitting for dinner. I am sure there were a lot more at the next sitting.

Our regular table was #577 in the Paris (upper) dining room and that is where we ate dinner the rest of the week. For breakfast and lunch, only the Paris dining room was open. We ate breakfast there 3 times and didn't eat lunch there at all. We tended more to the buffets, deli sandwiches, burgers, etc.

There are four seatings and they alternate. I don't know which goes first Paris of London. Either Paris London Paris London, or London Paris London Paris.

Paris First 5:45 then London 6:15 then Paris 7:45 then London 8:15

Could be wrong but beleave I am close.;)

I am third seating so that would be the Paris. Is that the one aft or amidships?

Hi Derf that would be AFT!!!! I wanted the Paris because it has 3 sides of windows,, un-like the London which is just 2 sides..

I hope you get a window!!!! Enjoy your close now!!!!:)

I'm scheduled to eat the first sitting. Guess I'll be dining in Paris then.

That's a great idea with the alternate dining times. I would assume that makes things easier on the kitchen staff.

Thanks for the info!

Both times Ive been on the Triumph, Ive been in the London. (In fact, the two tables I sat at were right next to each other). The Paris has a more elegant feel to it, especially the entrance and its even better if youre by the window. But, since it is all the way aft, you will feel a lot more motion than in the London, since the least motion on a ship is found midship where the London is. I liked being in the London for dinner, since the Paris is the only one open for luch, so you get a taste of both.

We were in the Paris Dining Room, table 581. That was a table for four (there was four of us) next to the railing overlooking the lower level. It was a great spot to see the entertainment provided by the waiters. I thought it was a great location. If you go to the dining room for breakfast you can request a table by the window, which is what we did and loved being near the window. You can feel the movement at times, but it didn't really bother us. We did go in the London Dining Room to meet for the galley tour (which I highly recommend, it's fascinating) and thought it was nice too.

Archived