Help Choosing our Belize Excursion

kahleeb

Hello all! My wife and myself are getting ready for our second cruise on 9/11/05 on Carnival Elation. We were in Belize last year on the Norwegian Sea and had a great time doing a very advanced snorkel run complete with Sharks and Stingrays!

With Carnival, the selections for othe excursions are not nearly as good. Can you help us pick from a few we have narrowed it down to?

• Sergeant's Cay Snorkel Adventure
  • Cave Tubing & Rainforest Exploration
  • Horseshoe Reef Snorkel Combo At Caye Caulker
  • Goff's Caye Snorkeling
  • Belize Zoo & City Tour

We are open to do just about anything so if you see something we don't have on this list that you feel would be more fun, please let us know.

Thank you for your help!! :)

We went to Goff's Caye for Snorkeling, This island is refered to as Gilligans Island, thats what it looks like and you can walk the island in around 5 minutes, its just a small patch in the middle of the ocean with a few palm trees on it. A 20 minute boat ride gets you there, picked up directly from the ship.

We loved the snorkeling there, lots too see, Fish and all types of corals and just laying back on a small island surrounded by nothing but water is totally awesome. I would do this one again.

We did gave tubing with XStreme last January and had a blast! Richard our guide was outstanding. We got a small tour of town and a terrific history lesson about Belize, it's culture, etc. The easy walk through the jungle to the cave entrance was great as well. Richard stopped at several places and gave a description of the various plant and animal life in the area. Very informative. The caves are fabulous! Don't miss cave tubing. Here is the link to XStreme:

http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

Don't worry about the tender times. Richard is very much aware of the ships schedules. He got us back with an hour to spare.

I also understand that RegTours is also very good. Both take limted amounts and are much less expensive than the ships. We good hear the ship tour but never saw them. All our belongings were kept in the locked van.

If you go with XStreme, definitely go for the extra $5 for the lunch. It was great. Also try the Lighthouse Ale. Very tasty.

Have a great cruise.

Hola Kaleb,

Last year we did the cavetubing with Wet & Wild. It was a great trip and would recommend it to anyone that has never done it. However, having done it once, I would opt for an independent snorkel tour when and if I went to Belize again.

Do a Google on Belize shiptours. You can find some good stuff there.

Archived