Hollywood Beach Resort

Jiffymom

Has anyone stayed there? Web site makes it look pretty old But on the other hand the location looks great.

The location is great, as it is situated along the Hollywood Beach broadwalk, however the hotel itself, inside and outside, is a dump.

The location is great, as it is situated along the Hollywood Beach broadwalk, however the hotel itself, inside and outside, is a dump.

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the room we had was very nice. They look like little one bedroom apartments, yes they are old, but very clean and bathroom looked new. Very friendly and helpful staff, Comfy bed, AC in bedroom with ceiling fan, coffee maker and refrigerator, LCD TV, wireless, which was iffy if too far from office. A very short walk to the beach. Downside, in the evenings along the board walk, some of those we saw looked like bums. But, lots of visitors and decent places to eat. There is a taco stand within walking distance that had the best tacos, with parmesean (sp) corn on the cob. I would stay there again and I'm a 3-star and above type person, Hilton's..etc.

Just my two cents worth.

I am just giving my opinion as a local. I spend a lot of time at Hollywood Beach because I like to run/walk/bike along the broadwalk. The "mall" attached to the resort is rather desolate. It used to be lively and vibrant years ago, as it had a movie theater, shops, and restaurants. Now there is maybe a couple of fast-food places. The pool area is also very lacking, and I think the bar/restaurant outside is closed (unless it recently opened for season).

The property is in such a prime location and the resort does have so much potential. And yes, there are a number of bums around that part of the broadwalk. I suppose I am also a bit cynical as well, as the last time I parked my car near the hotel, it was broken into. I know that could happen anywhere, but still ...

I am just giving my opinion as a local. I spend a lot of time at Hollywood Beach because I like to run/walk/bike along the broadwalk. The "mall" attached to the resort is rather desolate. It used to be lively and vibrant years ago, as it had a movie theater, shops, and restaurants. Now there is maybe a couple of fast-food places. The pool area is also very lacking, and I think the bar/restaurant outside is closed (unless it recently opened for season).

The property is in such a prime location and the resort does have so much potential. And yes, there are a number of bums around that part of the broadwalk. I suppose I am also a bit cynical as well, as the last time I parked my car near the hotel, it was broken into. I know that could happen anywhere, but still ...

I agree with this. I cannot believe no one has bought this property and turned it into a mega resort. I love the Broadwalk and Hollywood Beach but would stay elsewhere.

Archived