Review of Freedom of the Seas - 3/17/13 (Western) - Of All Things "so nice"

Glad you had a good time! We are going back in February and are booking with them again!

Fletch - Just got back from our trip and wanted to thank you for the info on Capt. Marvin's. We booked them based off your review and had a great time! Experience was great and you couldn't beat the price! Thank you so much!

KeyserSoze - That song wasn't played at all on our voyage last week. Richard Spacey is the CD now, but I never hear it played.

The only Freestyle "shortages" were in the WJ starting Saturday afternoon. One was 90% blanked out and the other was about 1/2 out.

The Promenade Freestyles never ran out of any of the options...

On my April 2012 cruise on the Freedom, I had no trouble at all getting caffeine free diet coke from the freestyle machines. And I and my mom drank a lot of it.

Sent from iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Hi Fletch! Great review! I also live south of Atlanta, not too far from where you are! :)

I'm doing this same itinerary on Freedom next year and looking forward to cruising on Royal Caribbean again. I sailed on the Navigator last year in a promenade stateroom and also LOVED it. I had to book another one!

A couple of questions- Was there a charge to use the Flowrider on the ship? You mentioned having reservations for MTD. Is that required? Thanks!

Hi Fletch! Great review! I also live south of Atlanta, not too far from where you are! :)

I'm doing this same itinerary on Freedom next year and looking forward to cruising on Royal Caribbean again. I sailed on the Navigator last year in a promenade stateroom and also LOVED it. I had to book another one!

A couple of questions- Was there a charge to use the Flowrider on the ship? You mentioned having reservations for MTD. Is that required? Thanks!

The Flowrider is free. You can pay extra for lessons if you want.

You do not need reservations for MTD, you can show up anytime. However, if you want the same wait staff and table, then it helps to have reservations.

No, Flowrider is free. Check the schedule to see when it is surf vs boogie boarding. Then you just wait in line for your turn. Sunday they do a cool demo with the crew doing insane tricks.

MDR reservations are required I believe. However, we were usually 20-30 minutes early to our reserved time and were still seated right away, and we always had the same wait staff all week so be built a rapor. I love MTD!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled upon your review and thought I'd read it since hubby and I were on the same cruise. Imagine my surprise when I saw us in one of your pictures (we're the couple in front of "Bon Jovi")! It seems we have a few things in common, too. Hubby was also a graduate of the Y and we lived in Utah and Georgia, as well. Anyway, thanks for bringing back some great memories! It was such a fun cruise!!!

I stumbled upon your review and thought I'd read it since hubby and I were on the same cruise. Imagine my surprise when I saw us in one of your pictures (we're the couple in front of "Bon Jovi")! It seems we have a few things in common, too. Hubby was also a graduate of the Y and we lived in Utah and Georgia, as well. Anyway, thanks for bringing back some great memories! It was such a fun cruise!!!

I bet seeing yourselves was a shock! It's too bad we didn't get introduced on board. We could have had fun hanging out with you guys.

Let me know if you want a higher resolution version of that photo, since with that angle it could be Bon Jovi himself for those that dont know better... :D