What does the Jewel, a disco & a 70's party have in common?

scomar

ANSWER: We will be there for it!!!:D

We love to dance (not the predetermined steps dancing) just doing our own thing dancing, how is the disco? Does the DJ accept request (some do some don't)? On Carnival forget requests, on NCL they would take some request but HAL was the best, we brought 2 CDs for the DJ and he played every song we had on them. You wouldn't think that on HAL (caters to the older crowd, we felt very young on that ship and we were in our upper forties:D), but the disco was not too busy most nights.

We like 70's, 80's, 90's and some of the newer music for shaking our tail feathers. What kind of music do they play in the disco? I also understand that either the floor or the bar rotate. From what I read it wasn't very clear.

Also I have seen post that talk about a 70's party on the Jewel. Is that still something they do?

Thanks for making our cruise better!

Scomar

Just got off the Jewel last Thursday morning. You are correct, the bar floor rotates in Vortex (the nightclub on the Jewel). However, when I was there the bartenders would stop and start it randomly so be careful if you're leaning against the railing!! The DJ that was on board then, DJ George, did accept requests other than the last night. However, I personally didn't care for his selection of music. Most of it was club-esque music but was dated (late 90s, early 2000s). Not much deviation from that timeframe sadly.

70s party still occurs but that remains to be seen if it will continue. New CD took over on the next voyage after I disembarked. I've been on one cruise that did an 80s night instead of a 70s night.

Just got off the Jewel last Thursday morning. You are correct, the bar floor rotates in Vortex (the nightclub on the Jewel). However, when I was there the bartenders would stop and start it randomly so be careful if you're leaning against the railing!! The DJ that was on board then, DJ George, did accept requests other than the last night. However, I personally didn't care for his selection of music. Most of it was club-esque music but was dated (late 90s, early 2000s). Not much deviation from that timeframe sadly.

70s party still occurs but that remains to be seen if it will continue. New CD took over on the next voyage after I disembarked. I've been on one cruise that did an 80s night instead of a 70s night.

Thanks for the info. I will have to ask the question about the 70's party a few months down the road and see if it still exist since CD is changing.

Carly B (the cruise director that just returned on Friday) definitely does the 70's night party. But I have no idea who is going to be the cruise director when you're going to be on Jewel, so you're probably better off asking again closer to your sail date.

70s party has been on ALL of my Royal Caribbean cruises, regardless of the cruise director or class of ship. On the Jewel, it will be held in the Centrum. After the party, everyone moves to the nightclub for disco dancing. It's my FAVORITE activity on the ship. (We must be part of the same generation.) HINT: I always pack retro 70s clothes for the event. There's even a 70s theme night in the main dining room but only a few geeky people like me actually wear our tie-dye, mini-skirts and leisure suits to dinner!!

Here are some video links that will give you some idea of what to expect.

Archived