Just back from the Costa Med.

ILov2cruise

I thought embarkation was ok, but could have been better. Food was not good. It was Italian style not Italian food. Seems like every pasta dish had some kind of fish on it.

Shows were the worst I have ever seen.

2 nights out of 7 it was ok. The rest of the nights it was not good. No live music by the pools.

The ship was great, I loved the Italian theme.

I was in a suite, the room was great, the bathroom was huge. The room steward and butler were very good. The first night the waiter was a bit nasty(the chicken didn t look cooked enough and someone at my table asked if he can get it cooked a little more and the waiter got nasty and said are you a cook, do you know its not cooked enough)after that he got better and was very good. I found the crew to be very nice.

There were alot of children on board, they seemed well behaved. Alot of teens on board, they were NOT well behaved. Ripped the wallpaper off the wall in 2 of the lifts. Late at night the used the house phones and were calling all the rooms. After the 4th phone call at 3:30am I called the main desk and was told they are doing their best and they know these teens are out of control. On Thursday night they wrecked the pizza place. Signs by the hot tubs said no children(guess the parents couldn t read) but the hot tubs were full of children. The aft pool said adults only, It also was filled with children.

Can t blame the children. On the 5th day in the daily there was a message to the parents asking them to please control their children.

They didn t.

I cruise every Christmas/New Years and Easter vacations and have never seenn teens out of control like on this ship.

Can't blame Costa but can blame the parents that allow there children to wander the halls of the ship to all hours of the night.

Would I sail Costa again, not sure.

I think they had great prices and great deals for familes with children.

peace.gif

candle_burning_for_911_md_wht.gif

I have to agree on one thing at least. The food was pretty bad. Except for one night at dinner, we could always find something we liked from the menu. My problem was the buffets, lunch in particular. Absolutely the worst buffets on any ship I've been on.(12 cruises so far)

Other than the food, we had a great time. There were a ton of kids on board, but I didn't experience any of the problems that lov2cruise did. I actually walked away thinking that kids were reasonably well behaved! The hot tubs were a zoo--wouldn't get in one if my life depended on it. This was the only place I saw kids completely out of control. I had heard that a teen broke the revolving door to the disco because he was asked to leave, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Our cabin was a Cat. 10 on deck 8. There was a lot of noise from chairs being moved around on the pool deck, so if you think this might bother you, steer clear of deck 8. Personally, it was no big deal.

The ports of call were good. Progreso was my absolute favorite. Spent the day relaxing on the beach and drinking dollar beer (which by the way, you get a neck strap and a hat for your dollar, too). The only port I wasn't crazy about was Freeport. This is the only place we did a ship excursion. We did the Pirates of the Bahamas thing. Big waste of money! We ended up leaving in a cab after a couple of hours. They had to bring the tour bus back one and a half hours early beacause so many people wanted to leave. I don't really blame Costa, seems like they didn't have enough info about this place either. Ah well, live and learn.

For the prices we paid for an Easter week cruise, I feel like we got more than our money's worth. I'd do Costa again just because of their rock-bottom prices, but it would never be a first choice for me because of the food.

Beth

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;04;04;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til the Mediterranea!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;8;15;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

'til the Millennium Mediterranean!

Hi Beth,

I think my son Brandon was hanging out some with Cam. We enjoyed the cruise, I wish there had been more activities for teens. And some of the ones that were scheduled were cancelled!

We loved Cozumel. We rented a topless VW (1968 or so). Three kids piled in the back and drove to the mini-golf first. They enjoyed it. Then to the Mayan ruins, they were ok. At least I have now been to some. Then to Chen Rio on the east coast. Lot's of fun playing in the big waves. Then El Miradoor or how ever you spell it. Fun climbing on the rocks and watching the blow holes. Finally stopped at Paradise beach, kids swam while I had a beer. Our best day!

Ship was great, food was ok.

Once I was at the resturant entrance on deck 2 to see what was for lunch (around 12:30) and a middle aged American was trying to get in (seating times were 11:30 and 1:30 per bulletin). A waitress said he could go up to the buffet if he did not want to wait untill 1:30, he replied "That is a bunch of slop up there" very loud. He then demanded to see the head waiter and talked his way into the 11:30 sitting. People like that make all of us look bad. I think it was a great cruise for the price. If was half the cost of the cruise we were supposed to take in June.

Paul

I went on the Mediterranea on December and was on a Panorama Suite. I didn't have problems, everything was nice and cool. I made new friends, there were music on every lounge. I loved Key West. This was my 19 cruise and my 6th with Costa. If I will cruise with Costa again? Sureeeeee, why not !!!

Lilrod icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the food! If you want $50 a plate dinner style dinners, go on the Yachts of Seabourne. icon_wink.gif

NCL Norway 2/00 - Eastern Carib. poke.gif

Costa Atlantica 2/01 - Western Carib. icon_biggrin.gif

Costa Atlantica 2/02 - Eastern Carib. icon_biggrin.gif

NCL Dream 3/03 Valparaiso - Miami orangehat.gif

Costa Mediterranea 3/04 Western Carib. icon_eek.gif

icon_wink.gif Proud member of the PPS-Passport Pusher Society icon_wink.gif

~~ www.savemartha.com ~~

Food was not great. When you read anything about Costa you think Italian food, it was Italian style only. Did we find something everynight to eat, yes we did. Was it worth it for what we paid, I guess it was.

Yes matt, I do want aleast $50.00 a plate dinners on Costa, I expect more than that on Seabourne. We are talking a 5 course meal here. $50.00 for a 5 course meal is pretty cheap. If Costa didn t offer $99 children rates maybe than they could have served better food. Could be since there were over 600 kids on board at $99.00 they had to make cuts somewhere.

I wonder what happened to all the posters that were on this board(with teens)before we sailed. There were alot. Not one had anything to say after I posted about the out of control teens. I would have liked to hear what they thought about all the other teens on board.

I loved the ship, cabins were great and I had read alot about the crew being nasty but I didn t find that to be true. They were all very nice and helpful.

This is the first cruise that I've been on that didn t have live poolside music. I missed

that alot on sea days.

peace.gif

$50 X 7 = $350 pp and that's just dinner.

How much did you pay for your cruise?

You get what you pay for.

Costa's promo this past season was "kids sail free" It's no wonder the sailing were overrun by teens icon_rolleyes.gif

What do you consider "italian food"? I had a specialty pasta course every night and pizza each afternoon......

~~ www.savemartha.com ~~

I paid $3788.00 for 2. Without airfare.

Did you really think that was specialty pasta?

If your ever in NYC call me and I'll make you Italian food. That was Italian Style.

Anyone can open a can of mussles throw them in some tomato sauce and put it on top of pasta.

600 kids on board is ok with me, it's the parents that let their children run wild and who take no control of their children are the ones that piss me off.

And no, I don't think I got what I paid for as far as the food goes.

You think you got what you paid for and thats great.

On my cruise I don t think I did.

peace.gif

Hey,I take it back!!! icon_wink.gif

I'm polish, not italian and I'd be glad to look you up the next time I am in NYC icon_biggrin.gif

~~ www.savemartha.com ~~

Archived