Oasis Disembarkation Question - Flight Time

American Airlines just changed our departure time out of Fort Lauderdale. Again. We were on a 10:30am flight out of FLL, and now it has been moved back to 9:40am. We're Diamond Plus with C&A, so we'd be one of the first off of the ship, but based on people who have recently departed Oasis, how "makeable" is that flight? We've sailed on Oasis and Allure before, but have had flights at 11am, and of course had no problem and were sitting at the airport Chilis for a while...Thanks in advance

Hope it doesn't appear I'm hijacking the thread here but is a 10:50AM flight out of FLL doable after disembarking in Port Everglades?

Yes if you do the express walk off departure which is from 6:15am to 7:30pm (you walk off the ship with luggage in hand - don't have to leave it out night before) then you'll make your flight.

We just got off the Oasis at 7:45 and by the time we got outside it was a little past 8. We had to wait for our shuttle till 9. Our flight was at 11:25 and by the time we got through the 4 mile long security line we had 5 minutes to get a drink and walk on the plane. This was this weekend. So if you want to make that you need to walk off the first possible moment.

Have you read on these boards what has been happening with the customs slow down.?

This would be my concern. There have been some slow downs with the OT cuts, but the furloughs don't start happening until Monday. I don't think anyone can accurately predict what will happen then.

In my opinion, I'd contact the airline and ask for a later departure. Yes, you might be waiting at the airport for hours, but (again IMO) that's better than being 5 minutes late.

We just got off the Oasis at 7:45 and by the time we got outside it was a little past 8. We had to wait for our shuttle till 9. Our flight was at 11:25 and by the time we got through the 4 mile long security line we had 5 minutes to get a drink and walk on the plane. This was this weekend. So if you want to make that you need to walk off the first possible moment.

We are sailing on Oasis this Saturday. Our return flight is at 10:21 am. We want to do express walk off and we are in a Suite What time should we depart ship with our luggage of course?

I'm not on Oasis, but I am flying out of FLL in June and got the same flight change notification as you. Fortunately I will be at a hotel a few minutes away after returning from the Bahamas the previous day so it's not an issue. However, if I were youl I'd contact AA and ask for a later flight since it is likely that you will miss that one or come very close to missing it. I've always had good luck with the AA folks by asking politely. :)

I would definitely call AA and ask to be moved to a later flight... Up until about a month ago I would have said go for it, but with the recent reports of delays I think you are taking a risk with a flight that early.

We are sailing on Oasis this Saturday. Our return flight is at 10:21 am. We want to do express walk off and we are in a Suite What time should we depart ship with our luggage of course?

I would get off the first minute you can I think that is 5 or 6 you are better off leaving too early then too late. Security is what kills you. I was not joking when I said the line was 4 miles long it was awful. So get there before all the other ships. Their was 9 ships in port that day so get off quick. Good luck!

I would get off the first minute you can I think that is 5 or 6 you are better off leaving too early then too late. Security is what kills you. I was not joking when I said the line was 4 miles long it was awful. So get there before all the other ships. Their was 9 ships in port that day so get off quick. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice i will get off the ship by 6:15 am

Maybe you could fly through the Miami airport instead. We always fly American Airlines, and from St. Louis we can get a direct flight to Miami. If we want to fly into FLL, we go through Dallas. MIA is obviously farther than FLL from Port Everglades but maybe you could get a better flight time.

What shuttle did you have to wait for? You could have just taken a taxi and had plenty of time. We have a 11:15am flight in April and I think with walking off by 6:15ish and taking a taxi we should be ok. I am doing JetBlue express security check in too.

I would ask for a later flight. Since this was a change by the airline they should accommodate you without charges. We had a flight changed from 12:30 to 11:00 the next flight is at 4pm from Seattle - with all the issues with governmental employees - we are choosing to sit around until 4pm rather than stress about getting to the plane on time.

The Oasis and Allure have better debarkation than some of the ships at the other docks in FLL. The lines for the taxis can be long especially if there are a lot of ships in that day.

We were on Oasis March 9th and there was delay getting off, i think due to ship clearing customs. The express weren't announced until about 7:45/8am. Much later than usual. We did luggage valet, left our room at about 8:15 and were checked in at airport passed customs exactly two hours later. We were very worried about customs at port everglades but much better than we thought. And security at FLL was not as bad either as expected. This was a very busy travel week due to spring break & March Break from Canada. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice i will get off the ship by 6:15 am

Good luck with that...We were on the Oasis two weeks ago and they did not let the first guest off the ship til close til 8am, even though we ported more than 2 hours before that. I think about 1/2 of the ship does the self-disembarkation now. The line in the promenade stretched the entire length of the promenade and up the staircases and elevators as well. I hear that the later disembarkation time is now unfortunately becoming more of the norm than the exception. If you could do a later flight, I would highly recommend spending a relaxing quiet morning on the ship and getting off when most of the other passengers have left. We walked off at noon with not a single person in front of us, walked right up to our bags (very few left) and were in the customs line for about 10-15 minutes or so. Good luck if you decide to try to make the early flight.

Good luck with that...We were on the Oasis two weeks ago and they did not let the first guest off the ship til close til 8am, even though we ported more than 2 hours before that. I think about 1/2 of the ship does the self-disembarkation now. The line in the promenade stretched the entire length of the promenade and up the staircases and elevators as well. I hear that the later disembarkation time is now unfortunately becoming more of the norm than the exception. If you could do a later flight, I would highly recommend spending a relaxing quiet morning on the ship and getting off when most of the other passengers have left. We walked off at noon with not a single person in front of us, walked right up to our bags (very few left) and were in the customs line for about 10-15 minutes or so. Good luck if you decide to try to make the early flight.
Best advice I have read.;)

• 2 weeks later...
Best advice I have read.;)

We did express off ship at 7:15 am and stopped by immigration which i think was a life saver. At the airport by 8:00 am. If you can book a flight after noon..

Archived