Snorkeling trip

drscooby74

OK so maybe snorkeling from the beach is not a good idea here. What is the best boat trip/place to snorkel keeping in mind we will only be on the island from 10a-6p est.

What tour company? Should I just wait till we get there and get someone at the port to take us?

Many snorkeling trips are offered to the Stingray City sandbar - the island's unique an premier snorkeling attraction. Many of these trips make additional stops for snorkeling at one or more other sites such as the Coral Gardens, Barrier Reef, Starfish Point, or even a lunch stop at Rum Point.

OK so maybe snorkeling from the beach is not a good idea here. What is the best boat trip/place to snorkel keeping in mind we will only be on the island from 10a-6p est.

What tour company? Should I just wait till we get there and get someone at the port to take us?

I did the Nativeway Watersports "Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens, and Starfish Snorkel"http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tour_details.htm#Stingray City Sandbar excursion, which lasted about 2.5 hours. The coral gardens portion was amazing, and we were back with plenty of time to enjoy the beach and snorkeling at Eden Rock. See my video of the Coral Gardens portion of the excursion below:

[/center]

Archived