Cabin Bed Question

ebrasl

Hi,

we are traveling on FOS in two weeks! Very excited it is our first cruise. We are two adults and two five year olds (our cousins will be in the ajoining room). As I understand it our room has a queen bed (two twin beds pushed together) and a pull out sofa. I was thinking for sleeping arrangments it makes sense to pull aprt the queen bed and have the kids sleep in the twin beds and my husband and I in the sofa bed.

Is the sofa bed good? Is this a bad plan or a good one? Should I bring an air matress just in case we need it. My kids can't sleep in the same bed they will kill each other.

Thanks!

It's been awhile, but I thought the sofa bed was your typical sofa bed...not terribly comfortable. I also think it will be a bit narrower than the queen. If it were me, I would put the little ones on the sofa bed because their little bodies are less likely to feel the frames and cross bars normally felt on a well worn sofa bed.

Not a lot of room in the cabin with the sofa bed pulled out, but maybe you could have one sleep on the sofa not pulled out, and one on an air mattress?

We had a superior balcony with sofa bed just like you on a Freedom class ship a couple of years ago. With the sofa bed extended out there won't be much room for an air mattress. With the sofa bed out there is only minimal space to get by between the bed and vanity.

Our (at the time) 4 and 2 year old girls had no problem sharing the sofa bed. It was plenty roomy enough for both of them, but would have been a bit tight/uncomfortable for my wife and I to share.

OP here. Thanks this is helpful. I am wondering if they will give us a roll away if we ask. then I could have one kid on the air matress and one on the roll away. I just like to have options since with b/g twins who are 5 you never know what to expect.

Archived