Vain woman needs help with horrible cruise hair!!

Aurora2143

I am getting a haircut on Friday and am going to ask my stylist about Keratin express! I have curly, frizzy hair so now I am excited there is hope for my hair when I cruise in Nov! I will ask her about the effects with chlorine and salt water. Love this thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just read this whole thread and ordered the Air Brush and the It's a 10 from Amazon (paid for almost the whole thing with Amazon points so it was like $7 actual out of pocket.) I am the eternal optimist even though I have the worst hair - thin, baby fine, and wavy/frizzy. Maybe this will be the miracle solution!

I posted this to another thread but I never travel without an array of clip in extensions and hairpieces. Has saved my overall look more than once! I'm about ready to wave the white flag and just get a full head wig, I'm so sick of spending a lot of time trying to style my hair and getting a crappy result even just trying to look like I have a normal head of hair! It's like trying to build a sculpture out of glue and dental floss. Very frustrating!

Okay ladies, I've read everything in this thread along with the other CC threads mentioning B-Blowouts, etc. So after much reading, you've talked me into it. I have an appointment tomorrow for my B-Blowout. I fly to FLL on Saturday and sail out on my B2B on Sunday and will be gone for 2 weeks.

I'm soooooo nervous and have been getting a lot of mixed messages as far as when I can wash, when or if I can put my hair up while waiting for the 1st washing, whether I can swim in cruise ship pool, ocean, etc... Help, someone please clarify if you can. Thank you!

I ordered the H20 reflect products to use, so I'm set there with product. I also have the flat iron, air brush, etc...but am still super nervous. Probably because I had a really bad perm experience in my teens. lol

I have a few hats packed just in case it turns out bad...

I just read this whole thread and ordered the Air Brush and the It's a 10 from Amazon (paid for almost the whole thing with Amazon points so it was like $7 actual out of pocket.) I am the eternal optimist even though I have the worst hair - thin, baby fine, and wavy/frizzy. Maybe this will be the miracle solution!

I posted this to another thread but I never travel without an array of clip in extensions and hairpieces. Has saved my overall look more than once! I'm about ready to wave the white flag and just get a full head wig, I'm so sick of spending a lot of time trying to style my hair and getting a crappy result even just trying to look like I have a normal head of hair! It's like trying to build a sculpture out of glue and dental floss. Very frustrating!

I wish I could give you some of mine ( although the hair color would not match). I went to a rather rude & catty hairdresser once who went on & on about how my hair was too thick and "this is just not a good look. It isn't flattering." I did not want to get my hair thinned because usually the short ends just come up through the rest of my hair, get frizzy & next I have the frizz halo. He was so snotty. It isn't like I choose to have overly thick hair, it's just how it grows & not like I'm doing it on purpose.

I had the Brazilian Blowout done this past Tuesday for my upcoming cruise on Sept 6. I was told that before I go into salt water or chlorine to wet my hair first. I am pretty happy so far. It took about 2 hours and $225 and I was able to shampoo that night if I wanted (I did wait until the next day) wow! I can let my hair air dry with no problems/frizzies. We will see what happens once I hit Bermuda I guess. I am bringing the sulfate free shampoo and conditioner along on the cruise.

I had the Brazilian Blowout done this past Tuesday for my upcoming cruise on Sept 6. I was told that before I go into salt water or chlorine to wet my hair first. I am pretty happy so far. It took about 2 hours and $225 and I was able to shampoo that night if I wanted (I did wait until the next day) wow! I can let my hair air dry with no problems/frizzies. We will see what happens once I hit Bermuda I guess. I am bringing the sulfate free shampoo and conditioner along on the cruise.

Thanks, I appreciate hearing you're happy with your BBO results. Cross your fingers for my appointment Friday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I started reading this thread and finally got to read every post. Aurora, you hair looks stunning, so glad the Express treatment worked. I asked at my salon & they no longer do any type of BB but are debating whether or not they will try the Express type of treatment on my hair. I go to the same stylist (the owner) regularly for color/cut so she said she "knows" my hair and thinks it will be fine. I am waiting until I reach a particular weight loss goal and will treat myself to that. If you already have hair that will either be curly if you do nothing or straighter/wavy if you blow dry, what would I expect to see with the Keratin Express?

Going to try the Its a 10 products mentioned but I've read so many posts I'm curious--does anyone use the Miracle Shampoo + keratin, the Miracle Deep conditioner + keratin and the Miracle Leave In condition + keratin? What about the Miracle Oil?

I currently use the BedHead line: Resurrection Shampoo/Conditioner, straighten out for when I blow dry and Alterna Bamboo cream when I leave my hair curly.

Hi Everyone!

I started reading this thread and finally got to read every post. Aurora, you hair looks stunning, so glad the Express treatment worked. I asked at my salon & they no longer do any type of BB but are debating whether or not they will try the Express type of treatment on my hair. I go to the same stylist (the owner) regularly for color/cut so she said she "knows" my hair and thinks it will be fine. I am waiting until I reach a particular weight loss goal and will treat myself to that. If you already have hair that will either be curly if you do nothing or straighter/wavy if you blow dry, what would I expect to see with the Keratin Express?

Going to try the Its a 10 products mentioned but I've read so many posts I'm curious--does anyone use the Miracle Shampoo + keratin, the Miracle Deep conditioner + keratin and the Miracle Leave In condition + keratin? What about the Miracle Oil?

I currently use the BedHead line: Resurrection Shampoo/Conditioner, straighten out for when I blow dry and Alterna Bamboo cream when I leave my hair curly.

I have heard that with the treatment your hair stays straight even if your hair is naturally curly.

I've never tried the leave-in conditioner but I have recently started using the Miracle Oil with Keratin with the lotion and it works great. Also helps to put a little on the ends after blow drying. Love the stuff...love the line!!

• 1 month later...

I am so happy I came across this thread. I too have been hopelessly looking for solutions to my frizzy cruise hair. I was laughing so much because the stories reminded me of myself.

I am definitely ordering the Its a 10 products and the John Frieda Airbrush right away.

I cruise in less than 2 months and do not want to be embarrassed about my hair any longer.

Thanks for all the great advice!

Oh goody, this thread is still going. I bought the It's a 10 with Keratin back in May and have been using the shampoo and conditioner ever since. I stopped using the leave-in conditioner because my hair was getting way too flat.

I have thick waivy hair - when I let it dry naturally, it dries in ringlets. When I blow it dry, it used to be fluffy straight with a couple ripples that wouldn't go away (and still don't to this day - can't even flat iron them out).

I went to a former hair stylist last week to get my bangs cut and he noticed that my hair has less volume than it used to. When I told him it was because of the product I'm using, he wrote it down and plans to get some for his salon to sell. So not sure if the "less volume" was a compliment or not.

I do miss some of my volume that I used to have but I certainly don't miss the frizzies I would get in nasty weather or any kind of humidity. So I'll keep using the It's a 10 with Keratin shampoo and conditioner.

Archived