People-to-People Program. Scubagirl, your thoughts?

dctm06

I will be in the Bahamas at the end of November and just applied! sounds like a wonderful way to really see the Bahamas. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just heard back with an invitation to the people to people tea party in the governors mansion at three on Nov. 29th. I guess this is all they have available. So where is this and how should we dress? What should we expect?

Just heard back with an invitation to the people to people tea party in the governors mansion at three on Nov. 29th. I guess this is all they have available. So where is this and how should we dress? What should we expect?

Anyone have an answer?

Anyone have an answer?

The Governers Tea is held once a month and is open to public with limited seating. Those interested just need to contact them for an invite.

It is High Tea.. and people generally dress in business or church clothes.

A sun dress or capris for women would suffice, khaki's for men. (smart casual)

I didn't see any shorts and tank tops any time I've been, but I don't know what the official rules are.

You might want to contact you host for that information.

Edited by scubagirrl

The Governers Tea is held once a month and is open to public with limited seating. Those interested just need to contact them for an invite.

It is High Tea.. and people generally dress in business or church clothes.

A sun dress or capris for women would suffice, khaki's for men. (smart casual)

I didn't see any shorts and tank tops any time I've been, but I don't know what the official rules are.

You might want to contact you host for that information.

I don't have a host. This was all that was offered to me in the email I received after I submitted the application. It was from the tourism beaureu. Were is it located and what can I expect to encounter?

I don't have a host. This was all that was offered to me in the email I received after I submitted the application. It was from the tourism beaureu. Were is it located and what can I expect to encounter?

The tea is hosted at Government house on Blue Hill Rd.

It's just a few minutes from port (but up the hill).

You cab driver will get you there.. about $8 for 2 ppl .

The teas is generally hosted by members of the government. It changes depending on who is being honored. Set up when I was there last were about 8 tables of 8 and a small deius. There will be a prayer/blessing and a welcoming speech.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d147629-Reviews-Government_House-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

The tea is hosted at Government house on Blue Hill Rd.

It's just a few minutes from port (but up the hill).

You cab driver will get you there.. about $8 for 2 ppl .

The teas is generally hosted by members of the government. It changes depending on who is being honored. Set up when I was there last were about 8 tables of 8 and a small deius. There will be a prayer/blessing and a welcoming speech.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147416-d147629-Reviews-Government_House-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
Thank you very much!

Just wanted to say thank you for me mentioning this! I went last month and the tea was incredible! The mansion is beautiful, there is a band and a fashion show, the people were so nice and the food was awesome. They served hot tea and lemonade as well as finger sandwiches, pastries, and fruit. Never felt so welcome in my life. This is an amazing experience and I encourage everyone who can to take advantage of it. I add a friend and since i am returning in April I am hoping we can have lunch.

We treated our host to lunch and tipped to cover gas for the day. We did the program in Nassau and had a great time. We told our host we'd like to see what she felt best represented her culture outside of the tourist traps and we lunched in a local place she enjoyed.