Get more savings than you asked for?

DKF97

10 days after we booked our December cruise there was a sale that included OBC. We had booked a balcony and an inside with early saver. Fare viewer wasn't working so I did a mock booking and the balcony came up as the same price, but included $40 in OBC, the inside went up $40 and included the same $40 OBC, so it was a wash. I submitted the early saver form for the $40 OBC on the balcony. A few days later I received 2 cabin confirmation emails. They had taken $40 off the balance on both rooms and added a $100 OBC to both rooms. So instead of a $40 savings I received a $280 savings! I kept expecting another email fixing the mistake, but never received one. Anyone else ever get more than they asked for?

10 days after we booked our December cruise there was a sale that included OBC. We had booked a balcony and an inside with early saver. Fare viewer wasn't working so I did a mock booking and the balcony came up as the same price, but included $40 in OBC, the inside went up $40 and included the same $40 OBC, so it was a wash. I submitted the early saver form for the $40 OBC on the balcony. A few days later I received 2 cabin confirmation emails. They had taken $40 off the balance on both rooms and added a $100 OBC to both rooms. So instead of a $40 savings I received a $280 savings! I kept expecting another email fixing the mistake, but never received one. Anyone else ever get more than they asked for?

More than once. One pretty significant, others not so much. I think they're so busy that this manual process they've implemented for early saver is biting them in the rear in numerous cases, one of which is giving greater price drops than they should. But I guess it pays off for them, as not everyone requests price drops, or else they would just automate it.

Wait a minute, this is Carnival IT we're talking about here...:rolleyes: ;)

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I booked es for my first cruise in 2010. Price went down $50 pp before final payment so I submitted request for price drop. I then called pvp to make sure I did it right. She said it was fine, and I should see price drop reflected in the final amount due within a couple of days. Instead of the $100 price drop I was was expecting ($50 pp), the amount dropped by $230 ($100 pp plus $30 insurance).

Great! So it sounds like i don't have to worry about it being reversed later on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I hope not, because that means I have to worry about the same thing! :eek: I grabbed a screen shot of the current prices just in case.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived