Oxygen Concentrator

Greysea74

My DM is going to be on an oxygen concentrator and a CPAP machine. Does anyone know how much room will be available in a room with a window on the Pride? I am very nervous about how small the rooms may be.

I use a CPAP and know that the size is minimal, but I don't have any idea of the size of an oxygen concentrator. Perhaps you can have the beds separated and have it placed in between the two beds? See other posts (one is fairly current) about bringing your own extension cord(s).

As an aside, on the sole Royal Caribbean cruise we took, I informed cruise services that I would be bringing a CPAP and wanted to know if they could supply an extension cord and some distilled water. They did both, but also included a magnetic sign with a "DO NOT SMOKE" logo that was on the cabin door. Obviously an over reaction for the CPAP, but I don't know about your oxygen concentrator.

I now bring my own multiprong extension cord.

There have been many prior conversations about the lack of needing distilled water since the ships water is processed seawater that is basically distilled.

An oxygen concentrator should be no problem. Does she only use it at night with the CPAP? Depending on the company (and your insurance or payer) they should be able to deliver one directly to the ship and have it waiting in your stateroom. I arrange this all the time for my patients

The typical rooms are pretty small, but there's plenty of room for a concentrator. Nothing to worry about. Do make sure Carnival knows about it before you go to get on the ship.

Archived