Room Service Menu

Cheese plate comes with crackers but they were the packaged saltine type you get when you buy soup at the deli. Also, you definitely want to ask for extra crackers, actually an extra cheese plate too as they pretty small. The room service plate is more individual size and nothing like the one pictured as wine and cheese plate in Gifts and Gear section.

They have a seperate breakfast menu that is either on the TV or on a little card you fill out and hang on your door the night before.

The selections are :

Fruit

yogurt

scrambled eggs

sausage

bacon

toast

bagel

assorted bakery items

cereal i believe

hash browns

OJ

apple juice

milk coffee tea

We were just on jewel and ordered it to our room every morning. Was fairly decent..past cruises it was just fair.

The morning call for our "room service on the way" was our wake up call..nice to have the coffee first thing :)

The breakfast menu is on a card that you fill out and hang on your outside door handle the night before. Be sure to mark down the time you want it delivered, or they might phone you at 6:30 a.m. to ask (like they did with me on our last cruise - quite a wake-up call!)

I love ordering breakfast from room service - a real trip highlight for me. The amount of coffee they bring if you order for one is only enough for two small cups, not nearly enough for a coffee lover like me. So I order coffee for 2 and that gets me a pretty good-size carafe. If you prefer milk for your coffee, don't forget to mark that down on your order form too.

In general, I find the portion sizes for room service breakfast pretty modest, and I'm not a really big eater in the morning. Typically I order 1 cereal, 1 fruit plate and 1 pastry plate, and it's about right.

This is very exciting to me! Okay, so I know everyone will think it's silly but I am a displaced Carnival cruiser trying RCI. I have only sailed the line once and that was back in 2002.

Carnival has a continental breakfast room service menu. No hot foods.

Now it looks like I can get my bacon and eggs and hash browns without getting dressed for breakfast. I am really looking forward to that!

In the past, I have always just ordered a pot of coffee to tide me over until I could wake up and shower and dress for breakfast.

Carnival also doesn't call to let you know your order is on the way, you just have to hope you hear them knock on the door. I always used to wake up, order my coffee, and wait for it. I like this plan much better.

K gonna show how total a newbie i am to cruising sorry

Is room service free or an extra charge?

Free of charge. We always tip the person who delivers it tho. Also...there is a service charge of $3.95 between midnight and 5am. but the food is free.

K gonna show how total a newbie i am to cruising sorry

Is room service free or an extra charge?

Room Service is included in your cruise fare, the only exception being a $3.95 US dollars service fee on all orders delivered between midnight and 5 a.m. Of course, most people do also tip the delivery person a few dollars depending on the size of the order they are carrying.

I can't believe that the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, which is served in a little custard cup, is still listed under "Entree"!! It's my favorite late night snack out on the balcony.

Free of charge. We always tip the person who delivers it tho. Also...there is a service charge of $3.95 between midnight and 5am. but the food is free.

Ahh wonderful :)

I can see that my 18 and 21 year old young people will NEVER make it out of bed for breakfast the whole trip now lol.

Maybe ill hide the menu ?

Another random question, Im from scotland and sailing in the med in the NOS in June. Ill be using Euros on shore and of course will have £ in my bag but do i need to now go and get $ so i can tip the crew for things like this ? Or could i tip them in euros or £ ?

We sailed on the Voyager of the Seas last month and found that room service coffee was the best coffee on the ship. At least, it was when we ordered it for 6:30 AM. Yes, I did say 6:30!! DH likes to do the morning stretch at 7. Nevertheless, it was the best coffee on the ship. As far as size, it very much depended on who was preparing the tray. I always ordered it with milk and some days we got one thermos carafe with a couple of those little milk squeezies, other times we'd get two carafes with the squeezies and sometimes with a whole pack of long life milk. There were always two cups and sufficient for both of us.

They have a seperate breakfast menu that is either on the TV or on a little card you fill out and hang on your door the night before.

The selections are :

Fruit

yogurt

scrambled eggs

sausage

bacon

toast

bagel

assorted bakery items

cereal i believe

hash browns

OJ

apple juice

milk coffee tea

We were just on jewel and ordered it to our room every morning. Was fairly decent..past cruises it was just fair.

The morning call for our "room service on the way" was our wake up call..nice to have the coffee first thing :)

At least on Independence of the Seas, the menu for breakfast was slightly different depending on whether you ordered from the hang tag or through the TV. For example, hot chocolate was only available from the TV, but orange juice was only available from the door hanger.

At least on Independence of the Seas, the menu for breakfast was slightly different depending on whether you ordered from the hang tag or through the TV. For example, hot chocolate was only available from the TV, but orange juice was only available from the door hanger.

I assume the door hanger is a pre order and the TV would be a order placed to be filled at the time placed, or can you pre order at night on the TV for you breakfast in the morning?

I guess it makes no difference. I am still excited to learn I can get hot foods delivered to my room for breakfast. Give me some bacon, eggs, hash browns, and coffee and I am all set! Sure beats a cold continetal breakfast.

To be sure, I will be taking extra smaller bills this trip. I'm going to love room service!

Archived