Deluxe oceanview rooms

Mizzouaholic

What is the difference between a regular oceanview room and a deluxe oceanview room? We are sailing the Beeeze and we got an upgrade fairy email to upgrade from interior on Verandah deck to a deluxe oceanview room on Riviera for $80. I'm debating whether to do it or not. The price is listed at about $360 more on Carnivals website so it is a good deal. Does anyone have pics of a deluxe oceanview room?

This is the full discription of the deluxe oceanview we got......

Two twin beds (convert to king). Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower plus separate washroom with sink and junior tub/shower. 3 closets. Picture window. 230sq feet

For only $80, I would probably do it, if only for the extra space in the room. If you go from one of these rooms into an interior, it will feel like the interior is about half the size. It's not half the size, but it feels that way. The window & the extra half-bath is an added bonus.

However, people on some ships have reported noise/rattling when they stay in the far aft rooms on Riviera deck. If this is one of the furthest back rooms available, I might not take it for that reason. But if it's up somewhat from the very back, absolutely!

We had a deluxe OV on the Dream and loved it. The second bathroom is wonderful even for 2 people. It's so much faster to get out of the room and enjoy the fun. I'm sure you won't regret the decision to upgrade to it. :)

I have been in Deluxe OV rooms on the Magic, Dream and Breeze, all in the far aft section. I would take the $80 upgrade in a heartbeat. The noise and vibrations only occur in the morning when coming into port, and we were always awake anyway. The extra room is worth the $80 all by itself, but the window and extra half bath were an added bonus. There is one particular Deluxe OV on all 3 ships that is HUGE. Cabin #2485. If you can get that one, you'll be very happy with it. It's about double the size of a regular cabin and has two picture windows.

Archived