Bringing bottled water on board?

I tried to search for this answer, but everything I found was quite outdated.

Has anyone had any experience trying to bring bottled water on board recently?

I will be buying soda packages for my husband and daughter, but was appalled at the price of the bottled water package. I will buy if I need to, but in the past on Princess and Disney, I have attached a luggage tag to a case of water and had it delivered to my room. This is our first RCI cruise.

TIA.

Beverly

Guest maddycat
I tried to search for this answer, but everything I found was quite outdated.

Has anyone had any experience trying to bring bottled water on board recently?

I will be buying soda packages for my husband and daughter, but was appalled at the price of the bottled water package. I will buy if I need to, but in the past on Princess and Disney, I have attached a luggage tag to a case of water and had it delivered to my room. This is our first RCI cruise.

TIA.

Beverly

According to RCI you are not allowed to bring water onboard. However, I always do and have never had a problem.

Most ports/ships you can do the drop it off with the porters with a luggage tag on it. If that's not an option, you can always carry it on the ship though. It would be a pain until the rooms open, but it's better than the ship's overpriced bottled water if you really prefer bottled water. For the record, RCI ship water really does taste fine and goes through the same or better process than most bottled water.

I've very picky about the taste of water. I was major bummed about the price of the bottled water package last summer on Rhapsody so brought a water bottle with me. So glad I did. They had a water dispenser and ice machine outside of the WJ set up. The water tasted just fine, no issues at all. Best of all, it was free!

Greetings all!

We are from Chicago flying into Ft Lauderdale for allure western Caribbean. We want to bring a case of water and pop but do not want to pack it for the plane ride.

We are planning on a cab from the airport to the ship, are there any stops along route that we can purchase water and pop to bring on the ship? Any solutions or advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Greetings all!

We are from Chicago flying into Ft Lauderdale for allure western Caribbean. We want to bring a case of water and pop but do not want to pack it for the plane ride.

We are planning on a cab from the airport to the ship, are there any stops along route that we can purchase water and pop to bring on the ship? Any solutions or advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Dave we are staying at the renassiance hotel and there looks to be a Walgreens

I had called RCI yesterday to ask some questions about my upcoming cruise; and one of them was if I could bring water and soda or juice.

I was told that we can bring water, but no other beverages other than the two allowed bottles of wine.

With that said, there have been plenty of people that say they bring sodas and juice all the time without any problem.

We sailed on the Independence two weeks ago - put a case of water in a soft-sided cooler and a baggage tag on the cooler. It arrived safe and sound. The empty cooler then became our laundry hamper for the week.

Archived