Aqua Class Dining Arrangements

welshmark

Mark

We are recently back from a 17 night cruise eating in Blu. Whilst our weight gain was less than on previous cruises we never felt we were on a diet option. Some things in addition to the helpful advice others have given you

* your wife may enjoy the salad entre some nights they are beautifully prepared and quite innovative in what they offer

* there are very few veg and potatoes served with a dish, however,when ordering look around and see how the portions are coming out for others, if you would like something additional, they are more than happy to bring you some steamed veg and/or a potatoe product. My husband was a huge fan of the fries they could bring him to go with steaks, again not a large amount but lovely

* a delightful sinful dessert is the anytime chocolate cake, this is available as part of the menu that is always offered everyday in addition to the daily changing items.

Enjoy your cruise!

After our recent sail on Constellation before the addition of Aqua Class we can compare the MDR to Blu. We had an AQ cabin on Solstice a few years ago. After sailing Holland America a few times in between I can honestly say the S-Class ships are our favorite primarily because of Blu. I feel like the MDR on both lines is comparable and quite good but not great. So back to the original question...

It is not low cal for sure! It may be healthier. It is closer to the "clean" food you see in California type cuisine. The style is opposite of Murano which has a lot of heavy sauces and rich dishes. Breakfast has wonderful yogurt parfaits and granola combinations made at your table.

Our next trip is booked on Reflection because of Aqua Class and Blu. After comparing every other trip to our Solstice cruise I am excited to try the Reflection.

Thanks Pete_Coach

I understand what you say , the open dining is a big issue for us and given that we only booked yesterday for a 6 May cruise we were lucky with the price for the Aqua cabin and our experience on previous cruises with other firms is that we make little use of so called perks/benefits. So all in all we are happy and can't wait but are grateful for your comments given that we are new to Celebrity.

Best Wishes from cold Wales.

Mark

Have a great time Mark. I know you will enjoy it.

Like you have said, it is a vacation. If you got a good price, great. We got deals on Aqua Class too so that is why we took it. Plus, the locations of the cabins is nicer. The Persian Garden, in my opinion, is an overblown "free" amenity. The specialty restaurants are all worth a visit. The ship is spectacular and lastly, how bad can a Med cruise be LOL.

Oh and cold in Wales? Living in Ottawa this year has not been a treat LOL.

Mark, You and your wife made a wise choice! We loved Blu while on the Eclipse last year and never once went to the MDR, since the food was so delicious and well prepared, and the anytime dining in Blu really suited our style.

Donna

If you have never dined in Blu, I am not sure why you would post this. I would suggest Blu is healthy .... er. No cream sauces, very little added salt, ect.

As someone who is on a low-sodium diet, I would not consider Blu to be low in sodium. Perhaps less than MDR might be accurate. Like MDR, I was able to order 1 day in advance and get low-sodium meals, but my husband's meals were still saltier than he is used to at home.

Well I am more confused than before I started reading this thread-we are new to Celebrity coming over from Royal and ended up in Aqua class-we did not know of many of the amenities that were to go with it.

I do not understand the levels of the Captains Club either-any one help? we are Platium with Royal

Well I am more confused than before I started reading this thread-we are new to Celebrity coming over from Royal and ended up in Aqua class-we did not know of many of the amenities that were to go with it.

I do not understand the levels of the Captains Club either-any one help? we are Platium with Royal

If you are Platinum with Royal, you qualify for Select on Celebrity. But I believe you need to call Captain's Club to enroll at 1-800-760-0654.

Not sure what your other questions are related to Aqua Class. Here is a link to Celebrity's page that outlines the Aqua Class benefits:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_aqua_class&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

Joe

Archived