Atlantica 4-11-04 review

jaxson

We arrived at Port Everglades @ 12:30pm and we were on the ship @ 12:45pm! WE went to the Caruso lounge for 10 minutes and @ 12:55pm our cabins were ready!

We went to our Panoramic Suite #6181 and were greated by iced Champagne, canapies and 3 Jumbo Italian Chocalate Easter eggs. It was Easter Sunday and the ship was decorated in what our 13 y.o. daughter called "tacky easter", but at least they made an effort!

Getting your credit cards registered is a bit of a hassle and should be done as you check into the ship...but perhaps that is part of the reason for the speedy boarding process.

The food was VERY GOOD, the best we have had on either HAL, RCL, Celebrity or NCL! It is definitely Italian and delicious, the group we were with were all "foodies" and all 7 gave the food a thumbs up. From the Oso Buco, freshly made pasta, to the seafood and yes the lobster, it was all excellent. Our waiter Jose was flawless all week and the brushetta was waiting for us each evening along with our sparkling waters. The steak in Club Atlantica was the best we have had at sea. The food in the buffet had a great variety each day and was great.

Our cabin was very nice with a spacious bathroom that had a whirlpool tub and double granite sinks. The butler was there every morning with my espresso, Elana was great, as was Arwan our cabin steward.

Now for the entertainment: We would liken it to High School Productions on a good night! Even Van Pressley..formerly of the Platters was poor icon_frown.gif

There were 2400 people on board and there was a group of 500 French cruisers and the rest of the people were about 50% europeans and 50% Americans. Yes the Europeans smoke more than Americans. Yes the majority of the French are rude! But all of these facts are beyond your control, so don't let it ruin your holiday!! icon_wink.gif

Disembarkation was simple, we went to Club Atlantica @ 8:15am for cffee and juice and we were off the ship @ 8:30am.

We enjoyed our European experiance on Costa, we will be trying other cruise lines before returning to Costa however.

Try cruising Italian style, I think you will like it!

Ciao

Al

One more note about the Atlantica.... We loved the Cafe Florian, it was a great place to hide and listen to some relaxing music, As far as music goes, the suites are lacking CD/ DVD players which we have grown to expect on modern ships. icon_confused.gif

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Jaxson, thanks for the review. I am in the process of selecting a cruise for this Nov - Dec. The Atlantica is one of the choices. I have not done a Costa cruise so I am interested in giving them a try...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2003;11;29;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days until the Connie!!!

Archived