Tour of Beijing, Xian and then transportation to Hong Kong for cruise

queen of cruising

We did something very similar few years back but we ended up in Shanghai to join our cruise. We uses China Highlites and they arranged everything. We were pleased with their services.

Edited by Jack1

No need to spend more than a couple of nights in Xi'an (we spent 2) and that was plenty of time to spend one day at the Terra Cotta Warriors..We did Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai (any way to add this city) you wouldn't be disappointed..and then on to Hong Kong..Either way enjoy..We are looking forward to a return to this amazing country.

We're booked with tour-beijing to do 5 days precruise in Beijing with a side trip by flight to Xian. They have lots of private or group options and packages on their website and get good recommendations on cruise critic and trip advisor. Their website is very informative even if you don't book with them. I compared quite a few operators before booking with them. They are very quick to respond to email inquiries.

• 9 months later...

We are taking the Beijing/Xian Celebrity Cruise Tour prior to our Feb. 16th cruise. Everthing is included - flights from Beijing to Xian to Hong Kong, hotels and tours. I am worried about luggage on these flights.

We are taking the Beijing/Xian Celebrity Cruise Tour prior to our Feb. 16th cruise. Everthing is included - flights from Beijing to Xian to Hong Kong, hotels and tours. I am worried about luggage on these flights.

You should have no worries about luggage..just make sure it's under the max (they weigh them carefully on inter-country flights) which is I believe 40lbs and only one bag pp or the fees are very high. Enjoy !!

We are flying from Beijing to Hong Kong on Air China and we were told that it is considered an international flight and therefore the weight limit is 50 lbs and not 44.....maybe check in with the airline.

We are flying from Beijing to Hong Kong on Air China and we were told that it is considered an international flight and therefore the weight limit is 50 lbs and not 44.....maybe check in with the airline.

Maybe but they still need to make the cut on their domestic flight (20kg limit.)

Maybe but they still need to make the cut on their domestic flight (20kg limit.)

Yes they do...the international flights are 50 lbs...We arrived with one bag pp and left Shanghai-Beijing-Los Angeles with two pp (had to get all my shopping home which meant buying additional new luggage in Shanghai)..It was the (domestic) inter-country flights that we had to be concerned about (40 lbs) during our 3 city tours then spending several days at the end meant we had to do most all of (my) shopping in Shanghai :D

Yes they do...the international flights are 50 lbs...We arrived with one bag pp and left Shanghai-Beijing-Los Angeles with two pp (had to get all my shopping home which meant buying additional new luggage in Shanghai)..It was the (domestic) inter-country flights that we had to be concerned about (40 lbs) during our 3 city tours then spending several days at the end meant we had to do most all of (my) shopping in Shanghai :D

The domestic limit is not 40 lbs but 20kg which is nearer to 45 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...