TravelSafe Classic Insurance

J&B in GA

Anyone purchased cruise insurance from TravelSafe Classic before ? Any problems with claims ? Easy to work with their reps. if delayed ? They appear to offer higher coverages, including $1,000,000 Emergency Evac coverage for lower premiums than Travel Guard Gold, which we've used before. I received the lowest quote from Squaremouth dot com.

Any experiences with this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anyone purchased cruise insurance from TravelSafe Classic before ? Any problems with claims ? Easy to work with their reps. if delayed ? They appear to offer higher coverages, including $1,000,000 Emergency Evac coverage for lower premiums than Travel Guard Gold, which we've used before. I received the lowest quote from Squaremouth dot com.

Any experiences with this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Be aware that TravelSafe, like almost all of the other insurers. contracts out their 24-hour emergency services (the folks you'll actually be calling if you have a flight delay, etc) to a third party. There just a couple of these world-wide companies out there and they're all good.

Also, like many other insurers they have a third party handle their claims. They use Trip Mate out of Kansas City, the same company that provides this service for some of the Travelex plans and many others.

I think TravelSafe is probably one of the best out there when it comes to customer service. Being a small agency, the owners are deeply involved in the day-to-day operations and they seem to hire good people.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Travel Safe for my first cruise and am using them again for our next. I did a lot of poking around when planning our first cruise and saved all the info for future reference. I found everyone pleased with Travel Safe although we didn't need it, (was still nice to know they were there). Travel Safe, along with Insure My Trip seem to continually receive glowing reviews. I hope they continue this type of service and never take us for granted. Best of luck in your research and Happy Cruising!

• 5 months later...

When we first started shopping for travel insurance we went to tripinsurancestore.com. After checking their website and comparing different plans, we called one of their reps and spoke directly to the owner. He was very helpful and informative and worked with us to get the coverage suited for our needs and situation....that insurance was Travel Safe. Thankfully, we have never had to use it. One thing I like about purchasing it thru tripinsurancestore is that if you have any problems whatsoever, they will help you with dealing with the insurance company.

Guest maddycat
When we first started shopping for travel insurance we went to tripinsurancestore.com. After checking their website and comparing different plans, we called one of their reps and spoke directly to the owner. He was very helpful and informative and worked with us to get the coverage suited for our needs and situation....that insurance was Travel Safe. Thankfully, we have never had to use it. One thing I like about purchasing it thru tripinsurancestore is that if you have any problems whatsoever, they will help you with dealing with the insurance company.

We've also been buying our travel insurance through the Trip Insurance Store and are very pleased with their service. Recently we've been buying Travel Safe insurance.........we've purchased it for all 4 of our booked cruises. Luckily, we haven't had to put in any claims.

***Trip Insurance Store***

I have been looking for travel insurance for our October 12th cruise and it seems that the travelsafe classic plan is the best option for us. We leave in 2 weeks so we are not adding the pre-existing condition policy or cancel for any reason but it does seem as if you get the most for your money if needed. Plus I wanted a primary policy for medical just in case even though we have good medical insurance.

Several years ago we were on the Caribbean Princess when a hurricane shut down the FLL port. The ship stayed in Cozumel to wait out the hurricane and then we were stuck at sea circling waiting for the port to reopen. A 7 night cruise turned into a 10 night cruise but it wasn't all fun and games. We endured a lot of cost from phone calls, Internet fee's (until Princess responded to complaints) and waived internet cost) and delays getting a flight back home once the FLL airport opened back up. Not to mention my husband was deploying and had to ask for extended leave. We filed a claim but never saw one penny so we lost several hundred dollars.

Last year we were on a 8 night cruise on the CCL Valor and for the first time in my life I had to go to the ships doctor 2 times for antibiotics. The cost was less than $150 for a 2 doctors visits, lab work and medications. Much, much cheaper than we would pay here in the states. The fees were charged to my Sail and Sign Card and when we arrived home I filed a claim with my private insurance company and received almost all of back with in a few weeks.

I plan on and buying the Travelsafe Classic Plan today.

Archived