Playa Mia in Cozumel

LisaT12

Hi There, Can you go to Playa Mia on your own and pay when you get there - or do you need to sign up with Carnival Excursions. I know that the taxi ride is $14.00 - carnival charges $29.00 for the excursion - I was wondering if we were better off doing it on our own - we are 2 adults and 2 girls.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Playa Mia used to be Playa Sol, and yes, we went on our own the last time we were on a cruise. I think they charge more because you go over on a boat. I could be wrong. We took a taxi, and we were one of the first ones there. Our girls loved all the water activities. But, when the boat from the ships came over it got kind of crowded on the water trampoline and such. We spent most of the day there. I would do it again.

Have fun!

Maureen

Maureen, I think you're talking about the Fiesta Party Boat. It does stop at Playa Sol/Mia too. We noted they weren't there long and those that made it off the boat were entertaining. The $29 excursion through Carnival is entry to Sol and includes unlimited beverages, alcoholic and non. DD loved getting soda while we were there. Transportation is still on your own and not included in the $29.

If you don't think you'll need much to drink, or don't drink much :p , then on your own would be fine. I think it's about $12 entry pp, kids are less.

We just got back from a cruise to Cozumel and spent a fabulous day on Paradise Beach. It's right next to Playa Mia (we paid for that excursion on our cruise last October) and the cost for our family of 4 was less for a better time. It's $12 for the cab ride from the pier at Puerta Maya. Admission to the beach and use of chairs and umbrellas is free or you can pay $8 per person and use all of the water toys including kayaks, water trampoline, climbing ice berg and water floats. They rent snorkel equipment for a $20 deposit which is fully refunded when you return it. Jet skis, parasailing and banana boat rides are available for an additional cost. This is the cleanest beach I've been to - even the restrooms and changing rooms. There is a bar and restaurant where the foor and drinks are wonderful and reasonably priced. Even my picky teenagers ate every bite! The waiters come right to your beach chair to take your order and you can choose to eat there or go up to the restaurant when your food is ready.

I know I sound like an advertisement for this place but I just want everyone to know how much fun we had and what a great find this beach is.

Archived