AMA cancels our booking

gary705

My wife and I recently booked anAMA river cruise for April 2014, we booked and got a conformation from AMA.

Today we got a call from our TA that some one with more money booked the whole boat for a group and AMA cancelled our trip.

Be careful with AMA, you might book a cruise, and it could be cancelled

Gary

I had the same thing happen with an ocean cruise I booked in 2011 for 2012. Got a phone call from the cruise line to say the entire itinerary (and several others) had been sold out as charter.

I was able to swing a discounted rate on an alternate itinerary (same ship) including a good onboard credit, since my TA made it clear that I was signed on in good faith, deposit and all, so they owed me something other than just "see ya" and a refund of the deposit.

When this kind of thing happens, consider it an opportunity to get into negotiating mode and cut a good deal on another suitable itinerary. This is something your TA should have been proactive in suggesting in case it could work out well for you.

Archived