Breakaway - CPAP Machine - Electrical Outlets near beds?

berbet

• 1 year later...
Probably not something anyone is going to know since she's not finished yet but do the balcony rooms have electrical outlets next to the beds? Family member has a CPAP machine that needs to be plugged in by the bed. Trying to figure out if we need to bring an extension cord and if so how long? First trip traveling with one. Anyone cruised with a CPAP before? Anything we need to know?

I always bring along a 6ft. extension cord and a 3ft long piece of

floor wire conduit (like they use in offices), so the wife doesn't trip over the extension cord. If you ask the cabin steward for a cord, they bring you a 25ft long construction grade cord. That being said, on our Allure of the Seas cruise of 3/16, I found a plug by the nightstand, where they plug in the phone for power. That came in handy. Doesn't hurt to check under the bed. Also, carry your CPAP bag with you, when you board. Your checked luggage gets thrown around a lot before it gets to your room.

• 1 month later...
Since travel on breakaway -outlets are by desk -so you require extension cord to reach bed -the guest relations supplied a gallon of distill water

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was just on it last week. I travel with my own extension cord, but found two heavy duty cords in the drawers under the sofa. I carry a 2 plug adapter that also has the usb plugs in it too. Worked out fine. I can say, Royal Caribbean's Allure of the seas and the Harmony, have plugs on the bed side of the cabin. You have to get down on the floor to reach them. Usually the phone is plugged into it, but there is a free one.

Hope you had a great cruise.

Thanks for your response.