Jewel of the seas Cabin 9092 or 9256

Hello, I just wanted to see if anyone can tell me which cabin is most requested or better in the eyes of the seasoned cruiser. I have the opportunity to choose one of these cabins and would like to know which one is the most coveted and why. I'm leaning more towards 9092 because of location but the balcony on 9256 is calling my name and actually looks more inviting if it didn't have the restaurant two floors up. I just can't make a decision. What do you think? Anyone out there who have stayed in both or either?

If it were me, I'd take 9092. I've been in 9078 on the Jewel's sister ship Radiance and it was fabulous! The balcony does not get much sun he but the size was great and the location of the cabin can't be beat.

Thanks BDL. I do have 9092 booked right now and I'm confident it's a great cabin and it looks extremely private although a little dark but cozy. Like a tunnel where you get some cool, quiet shade and maybe a nice nap if the sun gets too hot and you want to escape it. It looks like great shelter incase of rain. A place to grab your blanket at night and just hear the ocean out in the distance and take it all in...The location can't be beat and really it's the first cabin I looked at.

9256 looks to have a bigger balcony with way more sun for eating breakfast and laying out, to relax on the sea days with a Mai Tai gazing out into the ocean as the ship sails away. Watching sunsets after a long tough day of living the dream...

I'm sure both are amazing. I'm dealing with two wonderful cabins here and it's just too tough. I want it to be perfect. I'm definitely overthinking this. Torn is what I am...

That's beatiful Linda, I'd love to sit and watch that. How was the noise level with the restaurant a few floors up (chairs) or the employee staircase near by? Is the walk really that far? What are we talking here, 5 minutes? Does the balcony feel private? I read somewhere that black dust or soot would cover the balcony at times or that litter would float down? Did you experience any of that? See what I mean about the overthinking part?! I can't be stopped:)

That's beatiful Linda, I'd love to sit and watch that. How was the noise level with the restaurant a few floors up (chairs) or the employee staircase near by? Is the walk really that far? What are we talking here, 5 minutes? Does the balcony feel private? I read somewhere that black dust or soot would cover the balcony at times or that litter would float down? Did you experience any of that? See what I mean about the overthinking part?! I can't be stopped:)

If I stood at the rail I could see people at the rail in WindJammer so they could see me. Very occasionally would hear furniture being moved above. No soot. I don't have a pic of the corridor..... on that cruise I was in a scooter. No noise at all from the crew staircase.

38783_10150244007195352_2073043_n.jpg

38783_10150244007210352_1759365_n.jpg

It looks amazing. That balcony looks way bigger than the 9092 cabin and I really want the biggest balcony I can find. I'm going to show my friend who is coming with me and see what she says. Those pictures were so helpful.

After what you have shown me today I am leaning more towards 9256. But what about the distance? Is it really as far as everyone makes it out to be? I have that cabin on hold right now. Royal Caribbean is closed for the night.

After what you have shown me today I am leaning more towards 9256. But what about the distance? Is it really as far as everyone makes it out to be? I have that cabin on hold right now. Royal Caribbean is closed for the night.

My friends were in 9256 on the Brilliance last week. We were in 1602. Just for grins I counted the steps from the main hallway, it's about 125. Many times I had to go from our cabin to theirs and would walk to the stairwell and up to our aft and it's really not that far. It's not any farther than some of the walks on the Oasis or Allure if you are in between staircases, the Radiance ships just aren't that big. Unless you have mobility issues. 5 min? No way.

As for noise, well we were on Deck 10 and this was our second sailing in 1602 and the only time we ever heard noise from the WJ was the very last day, an occasional scrape when they are moving chairs. So I can't imagine it being a sound issue 2 decks below.

I would choose 9256 but we love aft cabins. Also, it's really loud around the Centrum area at night with music. I guess it depends if you are worried about noise in the morning or noise at night.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364557080.300834.jpg.d2c89fbf569f634c70e6feb575968f8d.jpg

This is a photo of the balcony of 9078 on Serenade. I have 9078 booked for my next Jewel cruise. It is identical to 9092, but on the other side of the elevators. I have had 9076 before and love the location. It was super easy to get around the whole ship. The noise from the Centrum at night tends to be over before 11. The aft balconies are really nice, too. I personally prefer an aft, but DH does not like the walk. There are pros and cons to each choice, IMHO.

We have had 9256 on Serenade and Jewel. We love the big balcony and the aft cabins.

The only difference between the two ships is that the Jewel balcony divider had frosted glass that had worn off by the rail edge. It made it less private than our other cruise on the Serenade but then we weren't going anything that we had to hide either!:eek:

I looked at our cruise pictures and have one but for some reason, I keep getting an upload error so I cannot show the picture.

Well, my friend looked at everything and really just wants to keep 9092 because of the location to the elevator and library. I'm just relieved to not have to think about it anymore. Thank you everyone for your responses and pictures. I enjoyed reading your comments and looking at the pictures everyone downloaded. I am so excited about the cruise:).

I stayed in 9092 and LOVED it! It was the best trip and cabin ever! It sold me on humps. The balcony was huge, and the location could not be beat. So quiet, too. Never heard a sound from the atrium, hallway or other cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived