Holy Land Visas for a Canadian

Trickie Dickie

I just booked the Oct 4, 2014 Holy Land Cruise on Silhouette. I've searched the boards and I cannot seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm Canadian and this cruise goes to Italy, Turkey, Greece, Egypt and Israel. Does Celebrity arrange the visas or do I have to get visas?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience. :D

Hi! We are also Canadian. We did not not visas in these countries if we were returning the ship each night, which we did. You should check with the different countries consulates to see if the rules have changed, but I don't think Celebrity will do this for you.

In some countries, officials will board the ship to verify passports. I remember having to stand in line to meet Israeli officials a few days before our arrival in Ashdod. It was all very well organized, and took very little time.

I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did!

Christine

Hi! We are also Canadian. We did not not visas in these countries if we were returning the ship each night, which we did. You should check with the different countries consulates to see if the rules have changed, but I don't think Celebrity will do this for you.

In some countries, officials will board the ship to verify passports. I remember having to stand in line to meet Israeli officials a few days before our arrival in Ashdod. It was all very well organized, and took very little time.

I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did!

Christine

Interesting. I failed to mention that we are overnighting in Israel and Egypt. My bad.

When we (Canadians) overnighted in Haifa (it was also supposed to be 2 in Ashdod but we ended up with 4 in Haifa), we did not require additional visas, celebrity took our passports on day 1 and the day before we got to Haifa we were required to go to the sky observation lounge where we met with individuals who I believe were Israeli immigration. Nothing we had to get though. -- this was on the Silhouette in 2011.

When we (Canadians) overnighted in Haifa (it was also supposed to be 2 in Ashdod but we ended up with 4 in Haifa), we did not require additional visas, celebrity took our passports on day 1 and the day before we got to Haifa we were required to go to the sky observation lounge where we met with individuals who I believe were Israeli immigration. Nothing we had to get though. -- this was on the Silhouette in 2011.

Thank you that was helpful! Did you go to Egypt? :D

You will get your visa for Egypt the same way. Turn your passport in and pick it up the evening before. We were on Azamara when we did this trip. We stayed in Cairo overnight as well. If you're going to stay off the ship, you need to let them no in advance.

Thank you that was helpful! Did you go to Egypt? :D

We were on the Connie in 2011 which originally was supposed to spend two days in Egypt but that was cancelled d/t the politics at the time. They added two more days in Israel with two each in Ashdod and Haifa but we ended up with four days in Haifa as Ashdod was cancelled at like 0200 or something like that d/t rocket attacks from Gaza.

In any case the 4 days in Israel were the best shore experience we've ever had. Though pricey I suggest getting private tours as Israeli tour guides are licensed and its like having a personal history professor with you.

Cheers, Larry. :)

We were on the Connie in 2011 which originally was supposed to spend two days in Egypt but that was cancelled d/t the politics at the time. They added two more days in Israel with two each in Ashdod and Haifa but we ended up with four days in Haifa as Ashdod was cancelled at like 0200 or something like that d/t rocket attacks from Gaza.

In any case the 4 days in Israel were the best shore experience we've ever had. Though pricey I suggest getting private tours as Israeli tour guides are licensed and its like having a personal history professor with you.

Cheers, Larry. :)

We overnighted in Istanbul (2009) and Haifa (2011) and did not need Visas as we returned to the ship at the end if each day.

I would like to also say that like Larry our three days in Israel were the absolute best shore experience. It was pricey, but we also had a private tour guide and it was worth every penny.

Christine

Archived