I'd like to hear from someone who sailed the Splendor out of NYC

samzgirl84

Not sure where you got your information, but the Legend and the Miracle (Spirit class) have retractable glass dome roofs over the mid-ship pools also. I was fortunate enough to not need it on my 2 cruises on the Legend and the Miracle, but I was on the Victory waiting for sail away and the Miracle was in the next berth over. We watched them cover the pool during a sudden rain storm. It was quite cool to see from another ship.

You are absolutely right... and I stand corrected.

The reason I forgot about the retractable dome on the Spirit-class is that when the Spirit was here on the west coast, they practically refused to ever close the dome! We had a rainy sea day and they were trying to do the mixology contest out on the Lido deck in the rain and the crew gave some BS excuse about not being able to move the dome when the ship was in motion.

In four different cruises on the Spirit, I don't think I ever saw them close the dome... so I forgot they had one!

The reason I forgot about the retractable dome on the Spirit-class is that when the Spirit was here on the west coast, they practically refused to ever close the dome! We had a rainy sea day and they were trying to do the mixology contest out on the Lido deck in the rain and the crew gave some BS excuse about not being able to move the dome when the ship was in motion.

I suppose that could be true. The ship was in port when we saw them closing it. One time we did a Cruise to Nowhere on the Legend and they didn't close the dome, but the pools were all closed as well because we hit a bad storm. There were waves in the pool! That ship was rocking and it was dangerous to be anywhere outside. Very windy and pouring down rain.

Archived