Orange sticker bands on luggage?

VeggieGirl83

Last cruise our luggage was delivered with an orange armband type sticker on the handles. Any ideas why? Has anyone ever had this happen?

We thought that maybe our luggage was searched (we always put a few bottles of water in our checked luggage), but there was no note inside.

Actually if you are talking about the orange and white "wristbands" they are used by shore-side personnel that scanned the luggage that they saw something questionable.

Either they were able to check your bag and determine it was fine (or removed something)...or it got delivered instead of quarantined.

Did you have a letter in it?

Last cruise our luggage was delivered with an orange armband type sticker on the handles. Any ideas why? Has anyone ever had this happen?

We thought that maybe our luggage was searched (we always put a few bottles of water in our checked luggage), but there was no note inside.

Did you have FTTF on that cruise? If so, maybe it helped designate your luggage for early delivery. This also might apply to Platinum cruisers.

I'm diamond, and on our last cruise, our luggage had some kind of band, or ribbon on the handle, and I was told that it signified that that bag got priority handling. I'd guess that if you bought FTTF, or were platinum or diamond, you got the bands on the handles, and those bags got delivered to the cabins first.

"SKY"

Archived