Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean excursions

DonnaK

This itinerary has 4 new-to-us ports of call: St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.

What are your favorite things to do in these ports? (either ship sponsored or reputable private)

(I know about the ports of call boards, so please don't refer me there.)

Hi my fellow Long Islander.

Thanks for answering my question about Dennis and Carly.

I am taking the similar itinerary.

First my friend told me you must try to sail with Calabaza in Barbados.

sailcalabaza@gmail.com

If they do not have any space they will recommend some others who do.

They take you snorkeling with turtles and to a coral reek or ship wreck.

DW and I are getting adventurous in our old age.

In Antiqua, we found Seqwayantiqua. Something we have never tried before. Good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Still have not decided what to do in St. Lucia either. Was thinking about trying Spencer Ambrose. Mixed reviews.

We are not visiting St Kitts this trip-we have St Croix and St Martin.

Good luck,:D

Also from LI!!:)

I can tell you that the ship sponsored ATV tour in St. Kitts was by far the best ever.

Barbados-ship sponsored green monkey tour in the animal preserve was excellant! Much more then monkeys to see.

We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Royston Tours. We were the only couple booked for hiking Mt Liamuiga (volcano) that day so it was just the two of us and Royston. I admit there were times when I thought I would fall over from the steep hike, but Royston was always patient and encouraging. The views at the top were so worth it!

https://plus.google.com/photos/106521175866508899485/albums/5678332641518068609?banner=pwa

I don't know what else there is to do in Barbados because the first time we went we were hooked on the beach and the food at Lobster Alive. Compared to some of our other, usually super active, excursions, the beach day at Lobster Alive is pure relaxation!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364595794.326254.jpg.af275ab68633fc09a982f92c0c3f8569.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364595849.904625.jpg.f07cf237cd7a3d78304a5f1e7aa18264.jpg

In Antigua- Creole Cruises was a good time! The group could have been smaller (but still I think was about 15 so not bad). The food was yummy, the snorkeling was good (better than my poor photography reflects), and the drinks were tasty too!

https://plus.google.com/photos/106521175866508899485/albums/5678325425298704321?banner=pwa

This itinerary has 4 new-to-us ports of call:

St. Kitts-We did the zipline and loved it

St. Lucia - Did a boat tour that we were not happy with and if we did St. Lucia again, I would try a Jalouise Beach excursion.

Antigua - Eli's Eco Tour

Barbados - Love the beach and one year we golfed there

We did our excursions through private vendors not the ship.

This itinerary has 4 new-to-us ports of call: St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados.

What are your favorite things to do in these ports? (either ship sponsored or reputable private)

(I know about the ports of call boards, so please don't refer me there.)

We love the southern Carib itineraries, and have been to all of these islands numerous times. We rarely use ship sponsored tours and have hooked up with great independent operators on all 4 of these islands.

St. Kitts - Thenford Gray offers a great island tour. If you're more adventurous, check out Javin, Myislandtours.com. We went to Black Rock (and climbed down), did a rainforest hike, snorkeled on a wreck and had beach time.

St. Lucia - it's a beautiful island with lots to see. If you've never been there an island tour is a great idea. Spencer Ambrose and Cosol have great reputations. W normally do a day package with Island Divers at Ti Kaye Village, Anse Cochon, which includes comfy beach loungers in beautiful little cabanas, lunch, very good snorkeling and transportation.

Antigua - our all-time absolutely favorite excursions are offered by http://www.adventureantigua.com. They have 3 water-based, all-day tours, an Eco-tour that includes a tour of the mangroves, off shore islands, climbing on Hell's Gate, snorkeling and Bird Island, all in the North Sound. The Xtreme Circumnav is trip around the entire island, including stingray city, green island, snorkeling, a visit to English Harbor, and a beach stop. The classic yacht sailing excursion is a full day sailing on a hand-built classic Carriacou sloop with 2 snorkeling stops. All three tours include a great home made lunch, and excellent crews. We've done all 3 of them multiple times.

Barbados - our favorite catamaran is Calabaza. We sailed with them last January, and are booked with them again next January. We've used silver moon a couple of times and enjoyed them. We've done a very good island tour with Glory Tours, too. It was a custom tour, we told them where we wanted to go and they let our group create our own day.

Also from LI!!:)

I can tell you that the ship sponsored ATV tour in St. Kitts was by far the best ever.

Barbados-ship sponsored green monkey tour in the animal preserve was excellant! Much more then monkeys to see.

I'm from Long Island too!!!

We did a ship sponsored zip line tour in St. Kitt's! So much fun! We did cosol's tour in st. Lucia. It was a really good deal and we had a good time. In Antigua we did the kayak and Eco adventure and it was really nice. A good time too.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm looking into everything mentioned here.

Keep them coming!

You won't need to worry about tours....We are on her the week before you and there won't be a ship left for you to sail on.....:D:D:D

St. Kitts - We did a tour with Thenford Grey "the tour" was the name of it. Fantastic day. Got to see all the high lights of the island. We did it privately so I don't know how much it would cost. I would highly suggest this.

St. Lucia - We have done Cosol, again we would suggest anyone do that. My parents are booked with him for next year and their price is $65. Well worth the day of drinks and food and the sights of St. Lucia!

Antigua - can't help much here. We took a day of R&R and relaxed on the ship for our one day here.

Barbados - We have done Malibu beach and will never go back. We have also done Accra/Rockly beach, and will be heading back there in just under 50 days!

St. Kitts - we went to a local beach. My sister stopped there this year and went to the St. Kitts Marriott. I think some others have posted this is a nice resort.

Antigua - We love Dickenson Bay

Barbados - We went to Malibu beach and would definitely try something different next time we are there.

St. Lucia - we did a princess excursion where they did an island tour and a beach break, we did the same with rccl. Not impressed with either.

We just did the Southern Caribbean last month except for St. Kitts in 2008.

Echoing recommendations for Thenford Gray in St. Kitts and Cosol in St. Lucia. In Antigua, Scenic Tours Antigua with Sean and his brother 'MJ' was terrific and reasonably priced. All are committed to providing a great experience and returning you to the ship in plenty of time.

In Barbados we did something very different, a tour of Agapey Chocolate Factory. A 10 minute walk from the port and totally interesting. He runs tours on port day mornings and the price is very reasonable.

Archived