QE2 world cruise 2006

Hi everyone, this site has been very helpful in previewing the QE2, I have read the reviews and have gotten some great ideas for packing tips, although we want this to be a voyage of discovery, I am bogged down on some wardrope issues, from the Cunard brochures I cannot tell the difference between formal and informal nights...P>S> I like dressing up..but YIPES howmany long black velvet skirts and beaded tops and can one woman pack..any former Cunarders out there who can help with any hints I would be grateful?

World cruises tend to be more dressy than other cruises, and the QE2 tends to be dressier than most other cruise ships. I've done segments of world cruises and I've found it easier to pack for the longer cruises than for shorter ones. For informal nights, most women tend to dress in nice dinner suits with either slacks or skirts, or dresses that you would wear to your best local restaurant. Depending on which dining room you're assigned makes another difference in clothing. If you're in the QG or PG, women tend to go a little more fancy in evening clothes for all evenings. I like to take basics and then change the look with accesssories. I have a long, black sleeveless gown that I can wear for at least 5 different formal nights. I pair the dress with things like beaded tops, lace jackets or different colored shawls to make the dress different. I also have a pair of white palazzo pants that when paired with different tops, makes very different looking outfits. Black slacks can be worn for many different nights when paired with different tops. I have two pairs of black knit slacks and I wear knit jackets in red, black, blue and beige. When you do that, you only need to bring a few pairs of slacks instead of many multi-colored slacks. For casual clothes I try and stay in a specific color palate like black, beige, white, red and navy. That way I can mix and match tops and bottoms. I also throw in some easy packing sundresses that can be laundered.

Archived