Activities on sea days

misssea

Years ago, they had different pool activities like synchronized swimming contests, pillow fighting (to see which one would be knocked off the pole and into the water first). Seems like the hairy chest contest is the big attraction. Honestly, it is funny but if you've seen one you've pretty much seen them all. Has anyone seen any different activities? I can't believe the young activity staff can't be creative enough to come up with some new things!

Couldn't agree with you more. I think they've been doing the hairy chest contest for 20 years. It was barely entertaining the first time. I'd rather see something new or just don't bother. I don't go on cruises to be entertained. Too often these pool-side activities are over-done and a little too much in-your-face for those who aren't interested in spectating.

Not much happening by the pool these days. Mixology, hairy chest contest, ice carving and lets not forget the DJ:rolleyes:.

I use to love all the different activities during the day on a cruise but seems like they are disappearing. I remember the fruit and veggie carving, free marguarita tasting, and several other things. Now it seems like all they want to push is trivia and bingo...boring.

Seriously, it's time to retire the belly flop contest but it always attracts a crowd and is featured on the cruise in review video.

There used to be a game in which female players took part in a swimsuit fruit stuffing contest to see who could hold the most. That was funny! :)

Not much happening by the pool these days. Mixology, hairy chest contest, ice carving and lets not forget the DJ:rolleyes:.

I use to love all the different activities during the day on a cruise but seems like they are disappearing. I remember the fruit and veggie carving, free marguarita tasting, and several other things. Now it seems like all they want to push is trivia and bingo...boring.

Hey! Leave Bingo alone! Many times I have to go through the pool area to get to Bingo and all I see are people fist fighting for the lounges. "Oh the humanity!" We don't do those things when we play Bingo. We just walk to our seats politely and enjoy. We don't bother anybody although there is some screaming when we win money.

It's a fun ship, so I think they should start pissing off the grumpy people by having the following:

- beer pong tournament

- arm wrestling tournament

I am not in favor of the beer pong, but the arm wrestling tournament sounds kind of fun.

I mean, if I would stand and watch people throwing bean bags, then arm wrestling sounds like an upgrade.

Back in the olden days they had simple pool games like they threw a bunch of spoons in the pool and the winner was the one who found the most spoons. That was on royal caribbean.

They also had a horse race game that was simple but fun.

And free bingo for trinkets.

People had fun.

We are on the Glory right now. Not many activities. We have been kind of bored. Carnival used to have lots of activities. I miss the horse races.

I agree, I was just thinking about those. Well-there are the Corn Hole tournaments. There was some sort of adult Scavenger hunt type game on Paradise last year that was fun.

Hey! Leave Bingo alone! Many times I have to go through the pool area to get to Bingo and all I see are people fist fighting for the lounges. "Oh the humanity!" We don't do those things when we play Bingo. We just walk to our seats politely and enjoy. We don't bother anybody although there is some screaming when we win money.

I have nothing against bingo or those that play bingo...it is just boring to me.

I use to play bingo on the ships but when they started getting ridiculous with the pricing I quit. Not fun to play when you pay as much as they want now and don't win.

Oh and I must have missed the fist fights on the lido...LOL.

I remember when they had the stuff the most ping pong ball contest. girls vs girls and guys vs guys, They would throw a ton of ping pong balls in the pool and then all the contestant would have a allotted amount of time to get as many ping pong balls as they could hold.

I liked watching the girls stuff all those ping pong balls into there bikinis, but that was just me. It was a hoot.

I remember when they had the stuff the most ping pong ball contest. girls vs girls and guys vs guys, They would throw a ton of ping pong balls in the pool and then all the contestant would have a allotted amount of time to get as many ping pong balls as they could hold.

I liked watching the girls stuff all those ping pong balls into there bikinis, but that was just me. It was a hoot.

the stuff the bikini contests were a lot of fun especially when they used to have to stuff in half a watermelon.

Last year on the Paradise, I went to the Line Dancing class, but no staff showed up to do it.

I saw Scrapbooking listed on one Fun Times, but not ours. I know that's not exciting, but cool if you're a scrapbooker.

My husband did the putting contest & won a ship on a stick !

I forgot all about the horse races. Not seen one of those on Carnival since 2007.

I think I have seen them since 2007 but cannot remember the year. I enjoyed that one too.

Now that I am a "senior" (grown up some since starting cruising and don't have to run after grandkids in camp carnival or whether or not something I do will "EMBARRASS" them), I CAN and want to do some of the activities that I have passed on in the past. For instance, the pick up the golf ball and the winner is the one with most in their suit. Now that I wear a FULL suit, I bet I could get close to being a winner and FINALLY getting a COVETED ship on a stick! I would like to try that one and some of the others mentioned in this thread. Move over you skimpy lil bikini clad heffers! The grannies that are feeling young again CAN compete!

I agree! I would love to see a version of Family Feud on the ship.

The problem with not having a lot of ship activities planned seems even worse when a port is missed.

Had it on Liberty last month. Encouraged the people who acted the stupidest to come up on stage so kind of lost something when they couldnt think of any matches.

Archived