The Money Bar Beachclub...anyone been recently?

1ParticularHbr

Will be in Cozumel (on Celebrity Constellation) week after next and am looking for a snorkel/beach bar to visit. Trip Advisor rates The Money Bar Beachclub very highly but I don't see much talk about it here. Can anyone comment on recent experiences there? Thanks in advance for your input!

Never mind...found another thread. Tried to delete this one and couldn't

Will be in Cozumel (on Celebrity Constellation) week after next and am looking for a snorkel/beach bar to visit. Trip Advisor rates The Money Bar Beachclub very highly but I don't see much talk about it here. Can anyone comment on recent experiences there? Thanks in advance for your input!

Never mind...found another thread. Tried to delete this one and couldn't

We have been numerous times but not in the last year. This March we chose to try a different place and spent the day wishing we had gone to Money Bar. There is no real beach but that is what makes the snorkeling so good. They have a retaining wall looking over the ocean and they have back filled that with sand and then lounge chairs. There is easy access to the water with stairs and a railing into the water.

Service is good but not pushy and the food is fantastic. We only drink beer so I can't comment on the drink prices, beer was reasonable. Taxi drivers must get some kick-back at other beach clubs because they always try to persuade us to go elsewhere.

Oh, and they have a great massage tent and you can hear the waves splashing up against the retaining wall. Bathrooms are super clean and there are outdoor showers to get the salt off. Snorkel equipment is available for rent and they have dive stuff too.

This is not a place for families with young kids because of the retaining wall it would not be safe.

Next trip to Coz this will be our spot!

Not sure why the other response was all in upper case. Appears to be SHOUTING

• 1 month later...

We went there for the first time last year, on the CCL Dream. It was fantastic!

They have lockers there to rent, also.

We had some beers and some finger food, not expensive at all, great snorkeling.

I am a novice snorkeler, and I did very well there.

Not crowded at all. Mostly adults, I don't think I would want to take small children there.

Bang for the Buck...... Go there:D

We are headed back there in a few days, again on the Dream:)

It's been a year since we went, but we had a FABULOUS time.

I disagree with the poster who posted in all caps that drinks were expensive. DH and I had 4 smoothie drinks and a giant plate of Nachos and with tip it was like $24.

Now, if you want to lay in the sun and drink all day, maybe it would be expensive, but since almost everyone there was there to snorkel- there wasn't a lot of heavy drinking. The beers were reasonably priced It would be stupid to do that, as the snorkeling wasn't serene waters, there was a bit of a current to pay attention to, you don't want to be out there drunk! (But, as someone else said- a beginner could snorkel here. There were areas that you could easily stand up.)

The snorkeling was fabulous, the service from the waiters was attentive. There were a good number of people there but it wasn't crowded. You can use their chairs and facilities without paying (though it would be polite to order something). They also rent equipment and would guide snorkeling for a fee (wasn't necessary for us). There were massages on the beaches, but only slightly less than US prices. Not the uber-discounts of some Mexican beaches.

If you want an AI type beach day- it isn't the right place. In fact, when we told our cab driver Dzul-hn (signs have since been changed to Money Bar, I think) he said "oh, no- no beach!" (there is just trucked in sand) as soon as we said "we know, we want to snorkel" the driver smiled and said "oh! Great snorkeling there!"

We could not wait to go back again on our next cruise, but now we are going SCUBA instead, so we'll miss it. Kind of bummed!

Thanks for the input on the thread. My sister and I did end up going to Money Bar Beach Club and had a great time. We had no problem getting a cab to drop us there and it was just & $9 each way. The snorkeling was amazing and, if you bring your own gear, it's FREE! :eek: How can you beat free? We rented gear and paid for an English-speaking guide though, who was great. He took photos for us, answered our questions, and helped us maneuver the current. While I suppose a beginner snorkeler could do ok here, the best snorkeling is further out. At the very least, I'd suggest anyone snorkeling here be a good swimmer.

The food was good and portions were good sized for the price. Service at our beach chair wasn't super-attentive but it was fine and, had we wanted more drinks sooner, we could have gone up to the bar.

I'd go here again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the input on the thread. My sister and I did end up going to Money Bar Beach Club and had a great time. We had no problem getting a cab to drop us there and it was just & $9 each way. The snorkeling was amazing and, if you bring your own gear, it's FREE! :eek: How can you beat free? We rented gear and paid for an English-speaking guide though, who was great. He took photos for us, answered our questions, and helped us maneuver the current. While I suppose a beginner snorkeler could do ok here, the best snorkeling is further out. At the very least, I'd suggest anyone snorkeling here be a good swimmer.

The food was good and portions were good sized for the price. Service at our beach chair wasn't super-attentive but it was fine and, had we wanted more drinks sooner, we could have gone up to the bar.

I'd go here again in a heartbeat.

Glad it suited you. I need to book another western cruise just so I can go back.

• 2 weeks later...

We love this place. The current can be strong and small jelly fish are around. We get a small sting everytime we snorkle there. Now we wear a swim shirt. Not a place for small kids. For the price of taxi, chips and a few beers-----it is a perfect day!

Relax and Enjoy life.

Archived