The Carnival Rock Center Video Segment: NOT TOO FLATTERING

MrPete

Read your own words - you said "Disney pays the minimum tax the law requires, just like Carnival"

You have no way of knowing anything about the Disney tax obligation - so, you don't know what you're talking about. However there is a pretty huge difference in their tax rate -so gee, something is a little different.

Disney pays the minimum tax the law requires, just like Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

All companies pay the amount they are required. No one, including yourself, would pay more taxes then you have to. How stupid would that be. However IMO it is crap that ALL cruise lines get out if paying taxes by registering in foreign countries even though their home port is in the US. And I hope at some point this loophole is closed. Pride if America is registered in the US and still sails so its not like it will bankrupt any of these companies. They would find a way to make it work.

And just because they are able to avoid taxes by some stupid loophole does not make it right.

All companies pay the amount they are required. No one, including yourself, would pay more taxes then you have to. How stupid would that be. However IMO it is crap that ALL cruise lines get out if paying taxes by registering in foreign countries even though their home port is in the US. And I hope at some point this loophole is closed. Pride if America is registered in the US and still sails so its not like it will bankrupt any of these companies. They would find a way to make it work.

And just because they are able to avoid taxes by some stupid loophole does not make it right.

You are contradicting yourself.

First you say you would be stupid to pay more taxes than you have to pay and then you say it doesn't make it right that they use a loophole in the law implying that they should pay more than they are obligated by law to pay.

Yes they could close the loophole and make it work. First you get congress to pass a law allowing them to fly a U.S. flag.

Then you pay the crew a minimum wage as required by U.S. law and raise the rates of the inside cabins to about $1499pp and you have your fix.

Seems easy enough.:)

Bill

First you say you would be stupid to pay more taxes than you have to pay and then you say it doesn't make it right that they use a loophole in the law implying that they should pay more than they are obligated by law to pay.

Yes they could close the loophole and make it work. First you get congress to pass a law allowing them to fly a U.S. flag.

Then you pay the crew a minimum wage as required by U.S. law and raise the rates of the inside cabins to about $1499pp and you have your fix.

Bill

I am not contradicting myself.

Yes it would be stupid for any cruise line to pay taxes when they don't have to right now. However I think it should be changed and they should be required to pay taxes. If cruise fares go up so be it. As with any vacation I plan, I get quoted a price and I determine if it is worth it to me whether its $500 or $5000. As I said pride of America doesn't seem to be suffering by being forced to register in the US and pay taxes.

Just my opinion of course.

Yes it would be stupid for any cruise line to pay taxes when they don't have to right now. However I think it should be changed and they should be required to pay taxes. If cruise fares go up so be it. As with any vacation I plan, I get quoted a price and I determine if it is worth it to me whether its $500 or $5000. As I said pride of America doesn't seem to be suffering by being forced to register in the US and pay taxes.

Just my opinion of course.

Do they have any competition on their routes?

Bill

At least that much because you know the ships would become unionized.

Do they have any competition on their routes?

No they dont and we are talking about the Hawaiin Islands Not Jamaica,Cozumel and Nasau route so they can charge more to cover the overhead;)

That I don't know. I believe the poa sails Hawaii. But I don't know enough about which ships/lines do what itineraries.

Yep, sails Hawaii. No other lines sail that route. Maybe because they know that if it becomes competitive, prices would have to drop and it would no longer to be a money maker.

So interesting - the average CCL passenger on a website defending the billionaire's business practices. I am sure he is reading every post saying - "thank you, I am not worthy of your loyalty." LOL - what a joke. Folks will do and say anything to preserve that $399 interior room charge.

And complain about auto tips.:p:p

Yes it would be stupid for any cruise line to pay taxes when they don't have to right now. However I think it should be changed and they should be required to pay taxes. If cruise fares go up so be it.

Fares won't go up as the market won't allow it. However, it would come out of corporate profits. Arison might see a drop in stock value that take him from a billionaire to merely someone who has hundreds of millions of dollars.

Oh, that is just so sad, any of you CCL cheerleaders want to pass around a cup for him?

With our country as broke as it is, all this defense for CCL not paying taxes, while sticking the govt with the bill for its shoddy practices is sort of like an economic version of the Stockholm syndrome.

Now, i need to get back to something CCL doesn't- do my taxes!

Fares won't go up as the market won't allow it. However, it would come out of corporate profits. Arison might see a drop in stock value that take him from a billionaire to merely someone who has hundreds of millions of dollars.

Oh, that is just so sad, any of you CCL cheerleaders want to pass around a cup for him?

With our country as broke as it is, all this defense for CCL not paying taxes, while sticking the govt with the bill for its shoddy practices is sort of like an economic version of the Stockholm syndrome.

I am serving OUR country and will be paying over $5000 in taxes.

...like an economic version of the Stockholm syndrome.

Had to chuckle out loud at that! Nice way to express it.

I suspect, however that the cruiselines are all going to begin a steady increase in prices over the next two or three years. Most of my company's business clients have been doing so, providing us with plenty of billable work changing prices on their websites and updating print media. This includes a ton of sites that would be considered "food and entertainment," including about half the Greek restaurants in the Chicago region.

I still think Carnival has a good product with good pricing (for now), but anyone who imagines it's an outrage to criticize the company's flaws is not thinking clearly.

The market won't allow it? RCL is more. Disney is way more. Of course the market will bear a couple hundred more $$ per cruise.

The market won't allow it? RCL is more. Disney is way more. Of course the market will bear a couple hundred more $$ per cruise.

People pay more for RCL because the market says they are worth more. The same applies to Disney. RCL could charge an extra $50 per pp charge across the board, they'd do it and high five each other for the extra $ it would bring in. However, they can't as the market won't allow it and they'd sail with some empty cabins.

Same applies to CCL. The belief that extra costs are passed on to the customer is a bit misleading- they can only be passed on if the customer buys the product.

no doubt - market conditions along with the simple principles of supply/demand will affect future cruise prices. But comparisons between RCCL (and all other cruise lines) versus CCL also reflect differences in the quality of service, accommodations and all other aspects of the cruise experience. CCL is the low cost spread. What is happening at CCL is impacting the entire industry.

no doubt - market conditions along with the simple principles of supply/demand will affect future cruise prices. But comparisons between RCCL (and all other cruise lines) versus CCL also reflect differences in the quality of service, accommodations and all other aspects of the cruise experience. CCL is the low cost spread. What is happening at CCL is impacting the entire industry.

True. I think. It's hard to read your font.

Plus all the cruise lines would be affected so all of them would raise prices when everyone goes up the market must accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CCL miles more successful, better managed and more efficient than NBC broadcasting whose US ratings have now reached Costa Concordia levels trailing even Univision

Which is owned by ABC which is owned by Disney.

Then you will also see the crew become union and cruises go the way of the Twinkie.

:p

Mel

Archived