RCI versus Princess

Grumm

Don't like to be a pain, but can anyone give me a comparison between RCI (Brilliance of the Seas) and Sea Princess? We live in Scotland and don't have many experienced cruisers to ask. We leave on 20th August from Southampton

Sorry I can't be of direct help to you, having not sailed on either of these ships yet. I will say that you won't go wrong with either Princess or Royal Caribbean, however. Read some reviews on this site to get an idea of what others think. Bear in mind that someone will always write a bad review for some reason or other. I usually read the last ten reviews and look for some kind of consistency among them. Enjoy your cruise!

Many thanks for your reply and advice. We've been onthe Brilliance 4 or 5 times now and were wondering how Princess compared, but the reviews seem to be quite favourable. Once again, thanks for taking time to reply

The main differences as I see them are that RCI offers traditional and specialty dining only, my preference aboard ship.

RCI offers a wide range of ship "personalities" of which Radiance Class is my favorite.

RCI has a great fitness program and a warm and friendly staff. I did not find that on my Princess cruise.

RCI has adults only areas and pools on many ships; not sure about Princess but this is VERY important to me.

RCI's past passenger program is excellent by industry standards and you are getting ready to reach a new level. I will tell you that as Diamond Plus, the benefits are terrific!

Princess also has traditional and specialty dining. They also have different classes or "persalities" in thier ships. The fitness and spa on Princess are great-new machines and latest spa treatments. Princess has adult vs kids areas pools. The past customer program is just asgood as RCCl

In other words, either ship will be great.

Thanks

I was beginning to worry as all the brochures and web sites mention traditional, buffet and anytime dining. I'm sure the Sea Princess will be every bit as enjoyable as the Brilliance, although we will miss the mini-golf...c'est la vie.

The past customer program is just asgood as RCCl

I do not mean to be rude, but it does not look as if you have enough cruises to compare the program on these two lines, yet you speak with authority.

At what level on Princess do you earn Concierge Class? At what level are you upgraded to best available cabin or suite two weeks prior?

CG

Archived