All these price drops ?

CENTEX CRUISER

I am seeing all these "another price drop" or "watch your ES rates" threads. We book way out , and our cruises are doing nothing but going up. Our next Triumph cruise is $150 cheaper than what it is for the same time the following year. So who is getting the deals ? We only cruise from Galveston. Is that the problem ?I still check my rates daily , but it is really becoming a waste of time.

I am seeing all these "another price drop" or "watch your ES rates" threads. We book way out , and our cruises are doing nothing but going up. Our next Triumph cruise is $150 cheaper than what it is for the same time the following year. So who is getting the deals ? We only cruise from Galveston. Is that the problem ?I still check my rates daily , but it is really becoming a waste of time.

Firefly will probably have a better answer for you, but I think Galveston is a port that has very few price drops due to lack of competition.

We book way out, too, but I hope we'll have price drops when it gets closer to January.

I believe it has alot to do with the departure port and how full the ship is. Ships out of New Orleans seem to have very few price drops. Our cruise out of Jacksonville Florida has dropped four times in the last month. It is still not sold out and Jacksonville competes with Charleston, SC and Port Canaveral, FL.

Honestly I have been looking and not seeing any price drops past August 2013. I think everyone that is getting the price drops are booked before Sept. 1, 2013.

The cruises I am looking at keep going up in price but they are after August.

I have seen some incredible prices such a the Pride out of Baltimore for 7 days for $299pp but was an instant saver rate so evidently the ships are not as full as normal for this time of year or for summer months. Of course this is JMHO and I am sure someone will say I am wrong.

Looks as if the lack of competition in Galveston has a lot to do with it , even though we have Princess and NCL now, and Princess is always higher here..Thank you for your good replies. I guess I will keep checking my rates, especially closer to sail dates.

I am also booked on the Pride (for October 27), I received my first price drop this past week. $30pp / $60 total price reduction. I am happy with that, but of course will keep checking!

OP, the rates will decrease if they are not getting the bookings they want. And I notice that Galveston is more expensive - as mentioned before, lack of competition. They get their bookings for that port.

Our June sailing out of Pt Canaveral has only dropped $50 (thats total for 4 people!) and we booked in September. I've been following all the huge price drops threads and it is a little disappointing, although I still think my cruise is a good value. What is interesting about our sailing is that the dates immediately before and after my cruise have dropped, but ours has not. It makes me wish I had waited a bit to book and chosen a different week! I'm hopeful that we will see more drops as the date approaches, but if not I'll still have a blast!

Our June sailing out of Pt Canaveral has only dropped $50 (thats total for 4 people!) and we booked in September. I've been following all the huge price drops threads and it is a little disappointing, although I still think my cruise is a good value. What is interesting about our sailing is that the dates immediately before and after my cruise have dropped, but ours has not. It makes me wish I had waited a bit to book and chosen a different week! I'm hopeful that we will see more drops as the date approaches, but if not I'll still have a blast!

]

Yeah, that's the way it goes, doesn't it? The weeks I pick also have been popular sellers, so no price drops. Murphys law is alive and well. It looks like I picked a good one for our October cruise, however. It doesn't appear to be selling SO FAR. Since it is so far out, that may quickly change. But -- I am off on Medical leave now -- and DH has a week's vaca coming up in May - have been watching all the price drops for those cruises and may jump on one, if the price is right! :D

We're booked on the Pride for early September and saw our first price drop since we booked last spring., (It has only gone up until now). The drop yesterday allowed us to move from Obstructed View Balcony to regular balcony for just a very little extra money. Very happy about that. And.. we're still early saver, so hoping for maybe some more drops since we're inside that 5-6 month window.

The sale going on now is through August 2013, only. We and 2 other couples prices have dropped 3 times since purchasing the cruise 4 weeks ago, so the price do drop on The Truimph out of Galvestion. If you cruise is after August 2013, this special is not available. I still check daily for my other cruise in October on The Magic. Hope this explains your question.

We booked a premium balcony

on the Triumph for last Oct and this coming October, same cabin, $439 PP plus tax, title , and license for a total price of $1018 on each cruise..The closest I have seen so far to that price is $469 PP plus taxes and fees. Also , this category is long sold out, so I would assume I have nothing else to compare my ES rate with, unless something like an aft wrap or suite would be cheaper, and that won't happen. Of course I am very satisfied with the price I did get..Thanks for your reply :)

The sale going on now is through August 2013, only. We and 2 other couples prices have dropped 3 times since purchasing the cruise 4 weeks ago, so the price do drop on The Truimph out of Galvestion. If you cruise is after August 2013, this special is not available. I still check daily for my other cruise in October on The Magic. Hope this explains your question.

Looks as if the lack of competition in Galveston has a lot to do with it , even though we have Princess and NCL now, and Princess is always higher here..Thank you for your good replies. I guess I will keep checking my rates, especially closer to sail dates.

Others are probably correct. I'm leaving from Galveston in June and we did get a hefty price drop. Unfortunately we didn't book Early Saver so didn't get $ back. After many hour on the phone with CCL and TA, we did get a 2 deck + balcony upgrade so I'm happy.

As for Princess being high, there's a certain Fall week I'm considering that has Princess the cheapest among Carnival, RC, and Disney (of course). Would have liked to see RC being cheapest in this case though.

It looks like your Triumph cruise is in October? The recent promotion was for sailings up to August.

We cruise out of Galvestion, and have a couple hundred dollars reduction.

I donot have ES , so I call and have my two cabins moved. Friday night I called ( on hold for more than two hours, with at leat two hangups ) moved from Upper to Empress deck. It can be done, but with a lot of patients :rolleyes:

Firefly will probably have a better answer for you, but I think Galveston is a port that has very few price drops due to lack of competition.

We book way out, too, but I hope we'll have price drops when it gets closer to January.

...which is why I rarely cruise out of Galveston. I usually save about $500 driving to New Orleans, which includes the gas and higher parking fees in NO.

3.5hrs of more driving each way is worth it to me.

Archived