Dress code and weather.

suzymonkey

Hi everyone,Just joined.Going on the Island Escape 9th April.Have been on the Celebration,Dream and Majesty.Really looking forward to not having to dress up to much.As we are very much jeans and T shirt type of people.So am i right in thinking a decent pair of jeans and nice top will be acceptable on the evening.Don't want to feel out of place.

Any idea what the weather will be like.sunbathing weather ? Light jumpers ? just can't decide what to pack.Gonna end up taking winter and summer wardrobe at this rate.HELP.lol.Thanks.:)

Hi everyone,Just joined.Going on the Island Escape 9th April.Have been on the Celebration,Dream and Majesty.Really looking forward to not having to dress up to much.As we are very much jeans and T shirt type of people.So am i right in thinking a decent pair of jeans and nice top will be acceptable on the evening.Don't want to feel out of place.

Any idea what the weather will be like.sunbathing weather ? Light jumpers ? just can't decide what to pack.Gonna end up taking winter and summer wardrobe at this rate.HELP.lol.Thanks.:)

Not been on IE yet (23rd Apr for me) but from my understanding its a casual ship so your evening attire should be more than appropriate.

Looked at the average weather for you, is showing to be pretty nice 18-20c at most ports and a little chillier at Toulon France, 14-16c. I would say a little sunbathing, myself for the end of Apr I am packing as if I were going to Cornwall/Devon in high summer, jeans/trousers/maxi skirt, blouses/light jumpers/cardigans/tshirts, light raincoat, some more optimistic items, shorts, tankini, sarong, little summer tops etc.

I'm a complete newbie of course, but hope I could help. :-D

Hi

We have booked the same cruise (9th April) for what will be our first ever, joining us is a grandparent though who has been on this ship 3 times. She tells us it is very informal so no worries on dress code, no shorts for gents but other than that very mixed. Some stay casual but if you want to be a bit dressier some nights also fine.

Just arranging our day trips for Rome and Florence/Pisa as have been told cheaper and better to book them yourselves

Hope we have a good cruise anyway and weather reasonable

Might even see you in one of the bars :D

thanks redrich, Are you taking any kids.We have a 10 year old son.Hoping he will meet up with other kids on board and make friends.

Really looking forward to it now,although we havn't got the tickets yet.only booked last week.Not had any tickets through post.Gotta call them.

Hoping for some decent weather after this cold spell.Have a great time.:cool:

Flying from B'ham.6am flight.What about you?

Just called about the tickets they are going to reprint them,should have them by wednesday.Cutting it a bit fine.

I've never booked this late before,so always had tickets well in advance !

Have to try and spot you,We'll be the brummies wearing jeans with a 10 year old called Jack.lol.:)

I just have e-tickets, I booked online - anyone else have an e-ticket? We too are going on the 9th!!

I have e tickets, used them before for flights, never been an issue, did you do your api? (Advanced passenger info)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Quote: 'Just called about the tickets they are going to reprint them,should have them by wednesday.Cutting it a bit fine'.

Suzy don't worry if they don't arrive- we once went to the airport 5am with tickets still 'in the post' - the Thomson desk (yeah manned at that early hour!) just printed some out there and then.Don't worry- you will be on that plane!:rolleyes:

Flopsy

Quote: 'Just called about the tickets they are going to reprint them,should have them by wednesday.Cutting it a bit fine'.

Suzy don't worry if they don't arrive- we once went to the airport 5am with tickets still 'in the post' - the Thomson desk (yeah manned at that early hour!) just printed some out there and then.Don't worry- you will be on that plane!:rolleyes:

Flopsy

I could take exception to that :D why can't they be womanised ;)

I'm also going on 9th April! Looks like there will be quite a few of us from the CC forum!!

It's a last minute thing for us, just booked earlier tonight. Will be my first cruise since 2011 so can't wait to be back at sea!! :D First time on IE - quite looking forward to it being a more casual kind of ship.

Hope the weather is nice as on my last cruise we had rain and gale force winds! :rolleyes: Will probably be packing a good mix of clothing.

Has anybody decided on/booked excursions yet? I'm having a browse at the moment...

Archived