Camp Carnival

Briitini

It was pretty attractive to us as is. The lunch closing time didn’t really bother us since we keep the kids with us during the day. We utilized camp more from 3:00pm into the evening. I wouldn’t mind them coming up with some kind of package pricing for night owls and the extra activities. Like a bundle package or something. Also, the orientation was nuts on the Sensation. But that was mostly due to rude parents who really weren’t there to listen. Also probably didn’t help that they held it in the aft lounge and the bar was open. Other than that, I thought it was great as a parent, and the kids loved it!

I've read on this thread that things would go more smoothly if new guests pre-register. We've sailed 3 times but this is the first time bringing our kids, so we're new to Camp Carnival. I cringe at the thought of dealing with this on embarkation day when we'd rather be exploring the ship! Where are the forms online so I can pre-register them?

Quick question - my kids will be 8 1/2 and almost 10, which puts them in different age groups. Will they allow them to stick together or are they strict with age criteria?

Does anyone have a link to the online forms? I can't seem to find any. Sorry, it's our 1st cruise, only a couple days away now.

They are right on carnival site. Log on to your booking and right by it is the to-do-list. It brings up a pull down menu. (where your print your documents) And the last line is Camp Carnival Reg. I believe you can register for all camps.

I've read on this thread that things would go more smoothly if new guests pre-register. We've sailed 3 times but this is the first time bringing our kids, so we're new to Camp Carnival. I cringe at the thought of dealing with this on embarkation day when we'd rather be exploring the ship! Where are the forms online so I can pre-register them?

Quick question - my kids will be 8 1/2 and almost 10, which puts them in different age groups. Will they allow them to stick together or are they strict with age criteria?

I created an account on carnival.com and I was able to pre-register my kids and print out all the paperwork. I'm hoping things are "smooth sailing" when I go to officially register them. We are all going to anxious to check things out and get our vacation started!

And I have read that they are usually pretty strict with the age groups. I have 3 kids and they will be in 3 different groups.

They are right on carnival site. Log on to your booking and right by it is the to-do-list. It brings up a pull down menu. (where your print your documents) And the last line is Camp Carnival Reg. I believe you can register for all camps.

Great, thanks!!!

We have 4 kids going in January and they are all in one room. My online booking says I can't pre-register since all in the cabin are minors. I would love to pre-register since I am going to have CC, Circle C and Club O2 kids. I don't figure there will be an outrageous amount of kids on our sailing anyway, but I do like to be as prepared as possible before I get there.

We have 4 kids going in January and they are all in one room. My online booking says I can't pre-register since all in the cabin are minors. I would love to pre-register since I am going to have CC, Circle C and Club O2 kids. I don't figure there will be an outrageous amount of kids on our sailing anyway, but I do like to be as prepared as possible before I get there.

When are you sailing? My husband and I will be in separate staterooms because of the kids ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nevermind - just saw you said January. We are going December 8th!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As mentioned several times here, I agree with fixing the hours. Make camp free until 10:30 and not cut out for lunch and dinner prep.....I also noticed on the Fascination that they lacked enough video games for the kids. Too many kids had to share and lets face it not all kids like to share :p

You can pick up the forms on embarkation day during the open house before muster.

Once, and only once, one counselor told me I HAD to go to the orientation that evening.

Nope, just dropped them off the first sea day when I checked in my child.

They pretty much stick to the age groups. Definitely pre-register if you can. I did. It made it much easier for me. It was the parent’s who didn’t pre register that was the problem. And then not all of them. I wanted to go to the orientation, because this was our first camp carnival experience. It is helpful for first timers IMO.

They pretty much stick to the age groups. Definitely pre-register if you can. I did. It made it much easier for me. It was the parent’s who didn’t pre register that was the problem. And then not all of them. I wanted to go to the orientation, because this was our first camp carnival experience. It is helpful for first timers IMO.

what do they discuss during orientation?

what do they discuss during orientation?

I’ve only been to one but they introduced the staff, inform you of the drop off spots for each age group (took me two days to get that right, because they weren't always in the spot they told you). And they describe some of things that are unique to each age group. Like my son went to a glow in the dark party on the second night. They go over the sign in and out process, night owls fees, etc. And they gave out cell phones for those who had kids ages 5 and under. That I wasn’t expecting but it was nice having it for sure. It lasted about 30 minutes or so. No need to bring the kids. I left mine with daddy at the slide.

I’ve only been to one but they introduced the staff, inform you of the drop off spots for each age group (took me two days to get that right, because they weren't always in the spot they told you). And they describe some of things that are unique to each age group. Like my son went to a glow in the dark party on the second night. They go over the sign in and out process, night owls fees, etc. And they gave out cell phones for those who had kids ages 5 and under. That I wasn’t expecting but it was nice having it for sure. It lasted about 30 minutes or so. No need to bring the kids. I left mine with daddy at the slide.

sounds like it would be a good idea to go. And I can only imagine how confused I will be with pick up locations - I have 3 kids in 3 different age groups! Thank you!

My boys 14 & 12 have been on 23/20 Cruises. They love camp carnival the best (except for Disney when they were younger).

The main thing I would change is check in/out. They need to just be able to swipe the room key and check signature (or a wristband that can be scanned) This will make the process go so much faster especially at high volume times.

The other thing is when a child is at the age cut off for a group. For instance a 9th grade high school student can still be 14, so he has to stay with the younger kids then being with the older group. They should be able to have parent waivers when it's a few month out. (some ships will let you/some won't depends on head counselor)

If my kids had their choice they wish carnival would add something like Magic Quest from Great Wolf Lodge. It's an interactive electronic game that is all over the hotel and appeals to kids of all ages!

Maybe one day the beards will listen......:)

When my child was a month from being nine, I asked they allowed her to move up to the 9-11 age group. I would ask, if they say no, no loss.

Just to let you know, during several activities, the 6-8 and 9-11 are together.

My boys 14 & 12 have been on 23/20 Cruises. They love camp carnival the best (except for Disney when they were younger).

The main thing I would change is check in/out. They need to just be able to swipe the room key and check signature (or a wristband that can be scanned) This will make the process go so much faster especially at high volume times.

The other thing is when a child is at the age cut off for a group. For instance a 9th grade high school student can still be 14, so he has to stay with the younger kids then being with the older group. They should be able to have parent waivers when it's a few month out. (some ships will let you/some won't depends on head counselor)

If my kids had their choice they wish carnival would add something like Magic Quest from Great Wolf Lodge. It's an interactive electronic game that is all over the hotel and appeals to kids of all ages!

Maybe one day the beards will listen......:)

The new Disney ships have an interactive detective game that takes you all over the ship (similar concept to Magiquest), using enchanted artwork. It's really quite fun and has replay value (a game should take an hour or two if you move quickly). It is a concept that Carnival should look into duplicating.

When my child was a month from being nine, I asked they allowed her to move up to the 9-11 age group. I would ask, if they say no, no loss.

Just to let you know, during several activities, the 6-8 and 9-11 are together.

Thank you. This has me quite worried, so I'm glad the groups are together at times. My 8 yr old daughter is a social butterfly, but my 9 yr old son is shy and would be more uncomfortable with a group of strangers. Having his sister by his side would make it easier for him, at least until he made a buddy. Hopefully I'm worried for nothing and they'll both love it no matter who they're with! I'm just hoping for a few moments of peace on a lounger with a Miami Vice!

At the time of one of our cruises, we didn't preregister but we were about to print snd fill out by hand so we were ready just to turn the forms in.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. This has me quite worried, so I'm glad the groups are together at times. My 8 yr old daughter is a social butterfly, but my 9 yr old son is shy and would be more uncomfortable with a group of strangers. Having his sister by his side would make it easier for him, at least until he made a buddy. Hopefully I'm worried for nothing and they'll both love it no matter who they're with! I'm just hoping for a few moments of peace on a lounger with a Miami Vice!

You know your kids the best, but I can tell you that I had the same exact concerns. DD is a total social butterfly. Her 10 yo brother is totally NOT. I was so worried he wouldn't be comfortable and then not have his younger sister around to at least help him mingle. But he actually made out fine. I couldn't believe it! And was so happy when he begged to stay on the ship one time saying (and I quote) "I wanna spend time with my friends." I was like whaaaa! :p. I bet you will get your chance at some peace and that drink. Think positive! Many of us can relate.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

This has been so helpful. It never occurred to me that my kids (12yrs and 16yrs) would show up for a program only to find it was cancelled or is meeting somewhere other than what is on the schedule. I will make them aware of that. Do I understand correctly that the forms I just printed for registration can be dropped off during embarkment afternoon and that there is less of a crowd during that time?

Edited by Silent Penguin

• 1 month later...
This has been so helpful. It never occurred to me that my kids (12yrs and 16yrs) would show up for a program only to find it was cancelled or is meeting somewhere other than what is on the schedule. I will make them aware of that. Do I understand correctly that the forms I just printed for registration can be dropped off during embarkment afternoon and that there is less of a crowd during that time?

I know the answer for Camp Carnival is for the most part. Only had one incident where I was told to turn them in during orientation, which was odd. I am not sure about the older groups.