Galveston help!!

Bhnrfam

Hi all! I need some info on the parking situation in Galveston! Is there a parking lot at the terminal? Last time I cruised out of Calif and there was parking basically right where the porters were...few hundred yard away anyways...so how do we park in Galveston?? Thanks for your time!! :D

Hi all! I need some info on the parking situation in Galveston! Is there a parking lot at the terminal? Last time I cruised out of Calif and there was parking basically right where the porters were...few hundred yard away anyways...so how do we park in Galveston?? Thanks for your time!! :D

There are multiple parking lots within walking distance from the terminal. When you get near the ships, you'll start seeing lot after lot with people holding signs "CRUISE PARKING $15" or similar.

First, ENJOY your cruise. We were scheduled for the first cancelled Triumph sailing (Feb 11) We've since booked two additional, so looking forward to those. Both of the Holiday Inn locations in Galveston offer 'stay and park' packages that include free shuttle to/from the port. The shuttle TO the ship is great...........waiting for the shuttle back to the hotel/car was not so much fun. HOWEVER, we found that with the amount of congestion in the port area and the chance of bad weather, we rather the 'shuttle to the port' option. Just something you might want to consider.

Bon Voyage

You might get better response to this thread if you posted it in Gulf Coast Departures.

To answer your question...there is a parking structure right across the street from the terminal. It's walking distance, but I don't know the cost.

We have used Lighthouse Parking for almost all of our Galveston cruises. You can find them online, and reserving parking online saves you $5 on the fee. They shuttle you to and from the terminal; we've never had to wait more than 5 minutes either way. Great friendly people, and the parking area is secured.

We have also used Lighthouse for the last 3 cruises. The shuttle bus has always been waiting for us and as you said never more than about a 5 minute wait till we leave. So easy as we avoid all the congestion near the port. The parking is covered too!

I have cruised out of Galveston multiple times. We always park at Lighthouse parking. They are across from the terminal and have covered parking. If you book them online you will get a discount. They are really great. They will shuttle you over to the port and will be there when you get back. Definitely check them out.

Vicki

We have used the Holiday Inn, once, and parked at the port four times. They have a shuttle that picks you up and drops you off right at the terminal. Since my husband is a disabled veteran, we choose to park for free at the port. ;)

We have used the ports parking (our least favorite) and Lighthouse (good and would recommend) several times. Our favorite though is Galveston Park n' Cruise. It is literally tight across the street. Easy to get to and from before and after the cruise. The have both indoor and outdoor parking.

Another vote for Galveston Park and Cruise. Directly across the street. You can park inside or out for slight price difference. Walk right across the street to the terminal. We chose indoor for $70 for the week for a Magic cruise in June.

A note on leaving your car at a hotel, while working in Galveston a couple years ago,I stayed at the Holiday inn for a couple months. Cars get broken into. There is no security in the parking lot. Something to consider.

Another vote for Galveston Park and Cruise. Directly across the street. You can park inside or out for slight price difference. Walk right across the street to the terminal. We chose indoor for $70 for the week for a Magic cruise in June.

A note on leaving your car at a hotel, while working in Galveston a couple years ago,I stayed at the Holiday inn for a couple months. Cars get broken into. There is no security in the parking lot. Something to consider.

I've also used Galveston Park and Cruise twice (once inside, once outside). Very convenient since you just walk across the street!

What about EZ Cruise Parking? They seem a little cheaper. Are they any good.

We did EZ parking a few weeks ago.

If you go on the website and sign up for coupons they will send you a $5.00 off code.

It was around $50 total. Very quick and easy drop-off & pick-up...

I always use Galveston Park N Cruise. And it really is directly across the street. I walk out the terminal, cross the street and get in my truck. I don't like to wait for shuttle buses and I always pack light, so it's a no-brainer for me.

We always use EZ Cruise, 2 blocks away. I drop my wife and luggage off at the terminal, go park then just walk back. Same when we get off the ship I walk over, get the car and come back and pick her up & don't have to wait on the shutles. Really easy & reasonalby priced.

Doug

If you are sailing Carnival they are directly across the street & by far the most convenient if everyone in your party can walk well & carry their own bags. If they can't you will want to drop & pickup at curb which takes a lot of extra time especially when 1000's of people are leaving at same time.

They have coupon codes on their website also & have a pre-reserve special rate also. Always a good idea b/c they sell out quickly b/c they are closest to ship of all parking places.

Please note, if you are cruising on Disney they are NOT the closest & you will end up walking a ways. Not sure where RCI & Princess dock.

We always book with GP&C and their service is outstanding and the lots are 100% secure!

Archived