The Sea Is Calling in one week

The Sea is calling as in one week from today I'll be on the Navigator to Rome. I'm counting down the hours until I hear the first "bong" walking up the gangplank. I'm so excited and have saved up my calories to eat the Ranger Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream and make friends with the staff at Cafe Promenade, Windjammer and MDR. Ahh the sandwiches sound soo good knowing that I can go down there for a late night snack.

I look forward to the lunch in the Windjammer on embarkation day and will get the carved meats, pizza, Honey Stung Chicken and lots more.

My dilemma is should I start with two ranger cookies as I walk around the WJ seeing what looks good? If there are some chocolate chip cookies I will grab them too as I walk around the buffet.

The sailaway party, Meet and Mingle, Slot Pull , Captains Party, Welcome Back Party, Art auctions, shows, movies, walking the track, dancing in the disco, themed parties. My gosh this year longing for another cruise was worth every cent and day.

With many sea days combined with ports this party has to start soon. I look forward to late night dancing, sing alongs in the Schooner Bar and eating at Chops and Portifino's.

I'm afraid that Cafe Promenade will be my downfall because it reminds me of when Borders use to have Seattle's Best Coffee I would get their Toffee Nut Cookies and Lemon Loaf man it was soo good. I love the regular SBC Coffee and may pick up a few of their specialty drinks like their Java Kalua, and other drinks.

I'm bringing along my Travel Mug and Water Bottle too.

The Solairum and Talassotheraphy pool will be the relaxation spot and the rock climbing wall , track and gym will be the workout spot. It sure beats the gym back home(:.

The Set and Sail Pass is printed and ready to go. I'm so excited to spend two nights in New Orleans before the cruise and start the party on Bourbon Street. And a week in Rome is the icing on the cake.

This is like a dream vacation that I have worked hard to plan and execute.

They say you have to live a little and you want to do everything right even to the last detail so I have arranged a car service to the airport. We have lounge access at the airports we are going through so a pre-cruise toast will be had to get the vacation off to a good start.

Thanks to everyone here on CC for all of your tips. I have learned the ins and outs of cruising and feel like a veteran cruiser. I don't know how I can thank you for answering my questions, posting information about what not to miss and how to maximize my time onboard. Without you I am sure I would not be as confident as I am today to take a cruise.

So now for the grueling part packing ARRGH:D:D

Archived