Excursions-Eastern Caribbean

Jaylie

We've booked scenic tours for St. Thomas and St. Maartin. I'm concerned that they might be windy steep roads. My DH gets motion sickness so I'm worried about my choice. Does anyone have experience with those tours?

There are some steep roads--but not as bad as in some other places. What excursions are you dong? If you're going to Magen's Bay in St Thomas, there are some steep windy roads going there. St Maarten is not as bad, just one little area if you're going over to the French Side, but it doesn't last long.

We took a scenic tour in St. Martin and we were on some pretty winding roads. I get motion sickness very easily (even on a straight road), if I am looking out the window at the sights while we are moving, it doesn't take long to set in. I was perfectly fine on this ride because I always take Bonine on a cruise.

If I take a Bonine pill in the morning, it is like magic! I don't get sick, even on the rough sea on a small boat, or on rollercoasters! I used to take Dramanine, but it made me very sleepy after a few hours. Bonine is non-drowsy and it lasts 24 hours. It is the only thing that allows me to cruise comfortably. I highly recommend it!

There is a non-drowsy version of Dramamine, but I don't know if it has the same ingredients as the Bonine. Since I've found something that works for me, I don't dare switch brands.

Enjoy St. Thomas & St. Martin!!

The tour in St. Thomas is called "St. Peter Great House and Gardens & Mountain Top."

The tour in St Maartin is called " Scenic City Tour & Photo Stops."

Does anyone have experience with either of these? Thanks.

Archived