best way to get upgrade on june 26th sailing?

kw797979

My husband and I booked the cheapest grade cabin and recieved 2 uppers cabin on docs. I read upper berth weight limit was 300 lbs. by a posting here. My husband is 340 lbs. and I am 315 lbs. I am worried about this and was wondering if I should call 1-800-carnival right now and tell them of the problem (would they ask us to pay for an upgrade) or wait until embarkation and ask for a free upgrade then (we plan to be one of the first in line for embarkation). We are going on the Elation on June 26th. Can anyone help advise us?

You would have to pay for an upgrade if you requested it... you can call and see what they have available, and how much the upgrade is... The upgrades are assigned before you get to the pier and the ship usually sails full... What cabin do you have? The cabins with 2 uppers generally also have 2 lower beds as well... other than the 1A's which I believe have bunks... if you have bunks, you could always put the mattresses on the floor... good luck!

Do you or anyone know why we would get a cabin with two uppers? It doesn't make much sense to me that we would walk into a room and have two beds that are topbunk types???

Didnt you TA go over that with you. Usually people with kids book them. What category cabin did you book?

I'll ask ya again ... what cabin do you have??? :p ;) That would help us determine exactly what you have. To my knowledge, there is no cabin with JUST uppers... You can have bunk beds, but you should have known that going into this... as far as 2 uppers, are you sure you have no lower beds? What ship? What cabin???

You state you booked the cheapest guarantee cabin. That's a 1A. On Elation, those are upper and lowers, not both uppers. Any other category would have at least two lowers, and possibly an upper berth or two, depending on the cabin type. I don't know any categories that have only two upper berths.

Okay, we called Carnival and we have a room with two twins that convert to a king, AND two uppers. The info that Carnival sent us was confusing, but that is resolved now. We would still like an upgrade, but can live with this!

Did you book a guarantee? Or did you just pay for the lowest grade cabin. Because unless you booked a guarantee, don't be disappointed if you don't get upgraded. As far as I know, if the ship is full, there is no way to "line up" and be first in line waiting for a free upgrade handout. It seems if you book a specific cabin, that that's what you get. Good luck, you might be surprised. Who's to say? Have a great time.

Okay, we called Carnival and we have a room with two twins that convert to a king, AND two uppers. The info that Carnival sent us was confusing, but that is resolved now. We would still like an upgrade, but can live with this!

You may still get an upgrade if Carnival needs your room for a 4 person group.

Archived