What about meals on Star Princess's Baltic cruise

swdke

I am curious about a few dining questions on the Star's Baltic Cruise?

1. With so many intensive ports requiring early departures, how early does breakfast start?

2. How many formal nights are there?

3. Are there any midnight buffets?

4. Can you share any information about your dining expereinces, what meals were served, anything, etc.?

Thanks to all the returning cruisers who can help out with these questions.

Steve

Steve - I know there will be two formal nights, the first one on the first sea day and the second on the day we are in Gdnask. There are no midnight buffets on Princess but, they do have 24 hour food available in the Horizon Court.

As I've said, I'm not a foodie but will try to answer your questions:

1) The breakfast start time for the Horizon Court varied by how early our port arrival was. I can't remember exact times, but we were always able to get some breakfast before even our earliest day (off the ship at 6:30 in St. Petersburg). The restaurant breakfast hours varied as well, but some days we felt we wouldn't have had enough time to have breakfast in the restaurant and still make our target time off the ship. Room service is available too; they put a doorknob hanger on your bed at night to pre-order within 30 minute slots. Some people I spoke to who wanted it earlier just crossed out the printed time and wrote in the time they wanted breakfast -- and got it with no problem.

2) There are 2 formal nights. On our itinerary (Warnemunde), the first formal night was the first sea day (first day after departure), and the second was the day we were in Gdynia/Gdansk.

3) There were no midnight buffets. There was a midnight "Champagne Waterfall" in the Atrium one evening. As luck would have it, that was the only night we had a bit of choppy seas and some of the glasses fell and broke!

4) In my ship review (which is submitted but hasn't been published yet), I covered what I remember about the particular menus -- which isn't saying much!

Archived