Formal Night?

Rneighh

We are going on our first cruise May 16 on Carnival. It is a four night cruise. Is there a formal night? I cannot find anything about it on the carnival web site. My hubby will be thrilled if there is not a formal night. He wears a suit everyday and really will hate having to wear one on vacation.

Renee

There will be a cruise elegant night. I saw some guys in tuxes, uniforms,suits, dress shirt and tie and dress shirt. I know the specific dress code is in the faqs, but your husband certainly won't be required to wear a suit.

We are going on our first cruise May 16 on Carnival. It is a four night cruise. Is there a formal night? I cannot find anything about it on the carnival web site. My hubby will be thrilled if there is not a formal night. He wears a suit everyday and really will hate having to wear one on vacation.

Renee

No formal nights on Carnival....it is called elegant night....Carnival pax pretty much wear what ever they want. Short of wearing flip flops and your bathing suit...you can get away with anything. Pretty sad to me. :( Your hubby will not be out of place if he does not wear a suit.

When we do Cruise Elegant night I wear black slacks and a pretty top. DH wears a Guayabera or subtle Hawaiian shirt and khakis.

The stated minimum for guys on Carnival is a dress shirt and slacks for guys.

Your CE night will either be the second or third night of your cruise.

Archived