Princess cruisetour tipping

karen of PA

We are taking a Princess cruisetour - cruise first, land second. It is a seven night land tour (not connoisseur). I was wondering if there will be a tour guide with us on the land tour. If there is, will the same guide typically remain with the tour for the duration of the trip? If so, can anyone give me an idea of how much the guide should be tipped. I know it would depend on the service provided but I would just like a general idea of what others have done in the past.

I realize that we would have different tour guides for our individual excursions but is there one overall tour guide for the group?

Thanks,

Karen

Princess does not have dedicated tour guides. There will be a bus driver/guide for any coach portion and a train guide for train segments.

Actually, they do, but only for connosseiur cruisetours.

We are taking a Princess cruisetour - cruise first, land second. It is a seven night land tour (not connoisseur). I was wondering if there will be a tour guide with us on the land tour. If there is, will the same guide typically remain with the tour for the duration of the trip? If so, can anyone give me an idea of how much the guide should be tipped. I know it would depend on the service provided but I would just like a general idea of what others have done in the past.

I realize that we would have different tour guides for our individual excursions but is there one overall tour guide for the group?

Thanks,

Karen

This is from Princess's Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. SHOULD I TIP THE TOUR GUIDE?

A. Tipping is a discretionary matter; however, it is customary, if one is pleased with their tour, to tip the tour guide. A general rule of thumb is $2 per person for a half-day tour and $5 per person for a full-day tour.

This is significantly lower than what we normally tip.

Actually, they do, but only for connosseiur cruisetours.

We are booked on Diamond Princess for the 7 day cruise and 7 day land tour which was booked through an online travel agent. How do i know if we are on the 'Connosseiur' land tour?

Really counting the days now...

cheers

sharon

We are booked on Diamond Princess for the 7 day cruise and 7 day land tour which was booked through an online travel agent. How do i know if we are on the 'Connosseiur' land tour?

Really counting the days now...

cheers

sharon

A connosseiur tour includes most of your meals. You can check with your online travel agent or visit princess.com and register to see the details of your trip.

A connosseiur tour includes most of your meals. You can check with your online travel agent or visit princess.com and register to see the details of your trip.

Thanks... look like we are on a Connosseiur then as most meals are provided and some tours.

cheers from Australia

shazz

Archived