Chair Hogs ?

We have never really had that kind of problem with chair hogs but probably because we book longer cruises with more older majority of people and few to no kids. Took one 7 day Bermuda cruise and chair hogs were horrendous. Will stick to longer cruises.

We were on the Sun last week. Saw 2 unoccupied chairs with towels- man next to them said it's 3+ hours and no one was ever in them. I pushed the towels to the side and sat in them. About 30 minutes later 2 more chairs emptied completely. I moved to them and offered an elderly couple the other two. I had filled in the older couple and told them to say I gave them the chairs if anyone came over. About 2 hours later a bunch of Europeans were mumbling soemthing and looking around. About an hour later my husband and I gave up our chairs to a woman pushing a man in a wheelchair and we sat on the edge of the pool. The days are over for chair abuse!!!

I'm new to cruising and leave on Saturday with DH on the Epic. What (if anything) can anyone do if I removed any reserved towels on unoccupied loungers to use myself?? Will that start WW3?? Will I be thrown overboard? LOL

Reading all the posts about chair hogs makes me wonder what gives anyone the right to just "claim" a chair and not even use it when others are actually there wanting a chair. Because I truly have no problem removing a towel, shoes, clothing, beach bag...anything if a chair is unoccupied for longer then 30 minutes.

I'm on the same cruise with you. I'll have your back if you claim a chair from a chair hog!

Rampant on the Gem Christmas cruise. I did not do this the first day but as I am up at 7 am anyway I had my choice of spots. By 10 they were all claimed. Each day after it got earlier. By the end if you did not claim a spot by 7:30 you had no place by the pool or bow in the large clam shell loungers.

Yes most sat unused for most the day. NCL really falls down at controlling this like most other lines.

Sadly no blue dots anywhere.

We were on the Sun last week. Saw 2 unoccupied chairs with towels- man next to them said it's 3+ hours and no one was ever in them. I pushed the towels to the side and sat in them. About 30 minutes later 2 more chairs emptied completely. I moved to them and offered an elderly couple the other two. I had filled in the older couple and told them to say I gave them the chairs if anyone came over. About 2 hours later a bunch of Europeans were mumbling soemthing and looking around. About an hour later my husband and I gave up our chairs to a woman pushing a man in a wheelchair and we sat on the edge of the pool. The days are over for chair abuse!!!

Excellent!

Maybe just print some of these to take along...remove the stuff and place it on the deck...leave the card on top of the stuff??

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6EsrppJaqCU/SlkAC-pUeeI/AAAAAAAACzk/bWFNhxodZ0s/s400/Chairhogcard.jpg

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm making a few of these for our vacation, just in case....

I have never understood why so many have to have a chair adjacent to the swimming pool. I have always been able to find a chair to catch some rays on a cruise ship, although I will admit never adjacent to the swimming pool. Frankly, the farther away from the pool the more there is peace and silence.

Last month on the Disney Fantasy chair hogs were everywhere. Towels and flip flops occupying chairs for hours for someone just to sit a few minutes! If people would just take chairs when they need them, there would most likely always be a chair for everyone WHEN they actually needed it. I'm not saying people should give up their chair to grab a snack and bring it back to eat or to run to the restroom. But to go watch a movie, go to an activity, ect is rediculous. During that time, 1 or 2 people could have used that chair and been gone!

DH was watching a movie with DD and I knew it would be at least 2 hours. It was early enough that I had plenty of chairs to chose from but it never crossed my mind to save one for DH. Within 30 mins of me showing up, all chairs taken at least half with towels. 2 or 3 different people occupied the chair next to me during the time DH was gone. No reason not to let someone use it!

Archived