Was SO looking forward to our Premium Drink Package on 6/16 Summit

Avery's mom

Earlier this year I booked the Summit for 6/16 to celebrate my 40th birthday! We're bringing my 14 year old nieces and our 10 year old daughter - we've planned a big trip to NYC for the girls' first time - upgraded to the Premium Beverage Packages for us and booked Premium NA for the girls, etc...

But, this weekend, I went to the ER for a very painful facial nerve issue and as a precaution they ran a pregnancy test. Well, I'll bet you can tell you THAT turned out. Yup. 39 years old - not trying at all - in fact - we thought for sure we were so done....

In any event, I will be 14 weeks at the time of sailing - perfectly fine to travel - BUT I will obviously NOT be partaking in all the glories of my Premium Beverage Package:(

I know we will all have a great time (provided I don't have overwhelming nausea like I did 10 years ago) however, I do feel badly for my DH who will have to put up with 3 young girls and a pregnant wife. He may sleep on the balcony - good thing we have a FOV on the corner!

Thank everyone! I agree that another child sure beats the Beverage Package:D

My DH is worried that our travel will be curtailed with another little one, but I reminded him that we took Avery on her first cruise when she was just 22 months - and an 11 night cruise at that! This little one will have her beat, though - his/her first cruise will be in utero! Oddly enough, Avery's first cruise was Celebrity as well....the stars sure aligned for this one!

I guess I'll have to change my moniker.....

Archived