Spring Break sailing on the Conquest 3/26

tkabrk

Just returned from our fantastic vacation on the 3/26 Conquest sailing out of New Orleans. The ship was completely packed. We had two rooms on the Empress Deck (deck 7), one balcony and one inside room. We were pleased with our AFT balcony room and the balcony itself was one of the biggest we have ever had on a Carnival ship. The room steward was not around alot when we were there, however, our room was always clean.

The food was really good and the service was outstanding. Did the Chef's Table (Foodies would love this) as well as the Steakhouse. Go hungry if you are planning on eating at the Steakhouse because they give you so much food. Very Yummy. Another fun choice is Guy's burgers. This is actually the first place we ate and it did not disappoint! One thing that I thought was odd is that they have a salsa bar but no Chips!!! They could really sell more drinks if they had some salty nacho chips.

More to follow . . . :)

We renewed our wedding vows the first day at sea. It was a special experience for us -- really well done. The Captain performed the ceremony and then we celebrated with Champagne and a really great cake. One of the ship's photographers took photos of us (and our family) at the ceremony as well as spent a good deal of time with us around the ship taking photos. We really felt like we got married again -- I even had to walk down the aisle (I felt silly doing this)!

More to come . . .:)

We were lucky to get the FTTF for both rooms. They have some kinks to work out with the program since it has only been available in NOLA for a couple of weeks. We did get on early and into our rooms right away so we didn't have to carry the luggage -- it was great! I also enjoyed the early tender (even without a Carnival excursion) at Grand Cayman. You are supposed to have early debarkation as well and that's where it was a little fuzzy. When we finally connected with the right staff person who understood what FTTF was, they personally walked us all the way off the ship.

Anyone have the FTTF on this cruise? What did you think? We would do it again.

We were lucky to get the FTTF for both rooms. They have some kinks to work out with the program since it has only been available in NOLA for a couple of weeks. We did get on early and into our rooms right away so we didn't have to carry the luggage -- it was great! I also enjoyed the early tender (even without a Carnival excursion) at Grand Cayman. You are supposed to have early debarkation as well and that's where it was a little fuzzy. When we finally connected with the right staff person who understood what FTTF was, they personally walked us all the way off the ship.

Anyone have the FTTF on this cruise? What did you think? We would do it again.

i just purchased FTTF for my 5/26 conquest cruise. i have a toddler and plan on arriving to the garage around 1ish so i think it's a good idea for us.

questions:

- what time did you arrive to the port?

- about how long did it take you get to the ship with FTTF?

i just purchased FTTF for my 5/26 conquest cruise. i have a toddler and plan on arriving to the garage around 1ish so i think it's a good idea for us.

questions:

If you are not going to get to the garage until 1ish then by the time you board the ship all of the cabins will be ready and FTTF isn't needed.

I've sailed out of NOLA many times and I arrive at the pier around 10:30 and boarding usually begins by 11:30 at the latest. I'm Platinum so I'm almost always on the ship having my 1st DoD by 11:45, FTTF boards right after that.

I know that Carnival sends emails telling people not to arrive at the pier before 1, but that's just to try to spread out the crowd. By 1pm there will already be tons of people on the ship.

questions:

We parked at the port garage around 11:15. We were on the ship within 25-30 mins -- there were 4 of us and two rooms to check in.

This ship reminds me a lot of the Triumph - which I really like as well. The art work is absolutely beautiful throughout. Remember to look up when you're waiting in line for the dining room to open up or an elevator -- there is always a beautiful piece of artwork to admire. Can you tell I love this ship!

Most days we enjoyed an early morning walk to watch the sunrise. On sea days the chairs filled up fast on Lido Deck (by 8 AM). Being Spring Break there were a lot of large groups sailing and they got out early and saved chairs. I was really happy that I had my large balcony to go to when seating was limited.

I can't say enough about the excellent service we received. The crew worked really hard to give you a vacation to remember. We had early seating in the Monet dining room and Victor was our head waiter -- the best!!!

We also attended the afternoon tea one day at sea and it was well attended and very nicely done.

Archived