Bottled Water Package?

berbet

Does NCL have a bottled water package? If so, how much is it? I don't see it listed on the price sheet where they list soda packages. Thanks in advance.

I'm curious about this too! Also wondering about carrying one onto the ship. What about soda? I don't think we'll drink enough for soda package but are you allowed to carry soda onto the ship?

Wow! That seems too good to be true!!! Thanks for the info!!

To make your life even easier, all you need to do is slap a luggage tag on the case of water or soda, hand it over to the porters, and wait for it to arrive outside your door. ;)

Idk what port your leaving from but From what I've read here on cc it seems that you can't check cases of water in the Tampa terminal. I've checked the case of water in NYC port. I just put a luggage tag on it. It actually came to the room before most of my luggage :rolleyes:

To make your life even easier, all you need to do is slap a luggage tag on the case of water or soda, hand it over to the porters, and wait for it to arrive outside your door. ;)

Not in New Orleans. The porters don't tote pop and water.

There is no need to bring water to the ship. All cruise ships have .... water.

Idk what port your leaving from but From what I've read here on cc it seems that you can't check cases of water in the Tampa terminal. I've checked the case of water in NYC port. I just put a luggage tag on it. It actually came to the room before most of my luggage :rolleyes:

Wow! I'm leaving from NYC. I'd love to have bottled water at $4/case instead of $4/maybe 2 bottles! Lol same with soda. Although a 6 or 12 pack might be enough for my daughters.

I'm assuming that bringing sealed cases is better than a bunch thrown in my suitcase. That way the porters know those bottles aren't filled with liquor!? Lol

There is no need to bring water to the ship. All cruise ships have .... water.

To elaborate a little....

The water on ships is exactly the same as most bottled water. Made by exactly the same processes (flash evaporation distillation and/or reverse osmosis) as is used by bottled water makers. Even to the extent of adding back in trace minerals for taste. The exception on the bottled side is "spring water" with a named "source" - which usually also undergoes some processing such as ozone treatment and filtering. The slight downside on ship water is temperature of water at cabin taps - often a bit warm due to pipes running in same spaces as HVAC ducts and hot water lines. Easily fixed by ice.

But like anything else it's a choice and if someone wants to buy and then lug a case of water bottles to the port, hey, great for them. As long as they know ship water is the same water quality and they can make an informed choice. There's many sillier things to waste money on. ;)

The water on ships is exactly the same as most bottled water. Made by exactly the same processes (flash evaporation distillation and/or reverse osmosis) as is used by bottled water makers. Even to the extent of adding back in trace minerals for taste. The exception on the bottled side is "spring water" with a named "source" - which usually also undergoes some processing such as ozone treatment and filtering. The slight downside on ship water is temperature of water at cabin taps - often a bit warm due to pipes running in same spaces as HVAC ducts and hot water lines. Easily fixed by ice.

But like anything else it's a choice and if someone wants to buy and then lug a case of water bottles to the port, hey, great for them. As long as they know ship water is the same water quality and they can make an informed choice. There's many sillier things to waste money on. ;)

Oh my goodness!! You're right!! The ship is just one BIG bottle! Lol

We always bring some soda and water onboard with us to have at the cabin. I bring some Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Coke since they don't sell those brands on NCL. NCL sells Pepsi products only. We usually bring an extra large rolling suitcase and put the bottles of soda and water in there. It has always arrived with our other suitcases with no problems. The worse case scenario would be you would get a note to go down to the nauty room to have an NCL rep open the suitcase in front of you to make sure there is no alcohol in it. However, we have done this six times and have never encountered this. Then we have an additional suitecase for items we purchase during the week. We find it works great. :D

To answer the OPs question, there is a water package- we got it last week on the Dawn. It was $21 for 6 large bottles (24oz maybe?).... and there were bigger packages too (12 bottles, etc). We got the 6 bottles and then just refilled from there. Sure it was a lot more expensive then bringing your own, but you pay for convenience! It was available alongside the soda card package in the atrium and at the bars on the first day. The bottles were delivered to our room the first afternoon.

You have good info on the onboard water. Maybe you can answer my question. First, I have never been on NCL but have a cruise booked on them. Do they add something to make the water soft? On other ships that I have been on it seems that they might add something to the water because my hair gets very soft while on board. While on board I use my own shampoo but didn't have to use any of my conditioner, and my hair was softer then while on land (on land I use plenty of conditioner).

You have good info on the onboard water. Maybe you can answer my question. First, I have never been on NCL but have a cruise booked on them. Do they add something to make the water soft? On other ships that I have been on it seems that they might add something to the water because my hair gets very soft while on board. While on board I use my own shampoo but didn't have to use any of my conditioner, and my hair was softer then while on land (on land I use plenty of conditioner).

No, they don't add anything. What you're experiencing is showering in distilled/filtered water that doesn't include the minerals and chemicals that your shower at home does.

I love the ship water. Coffee, tea and ice all taste better, and you have an unlimited supply of water that's cleaner/better than what you get it bottles (often filtered tap water). I can't imagine why anyone feels a need to buy/haul water on a ship, but that's just me.

For several reasons, unnecessary to go into here, I drink bottled or filtered water. I have gone the gamut from bringing bottles with me to buying the Water Package. On my last cruise I brought a wonderful invention. Brita now makes a small filter bottle (I think it's 24 ounces). I brought 2 of them, kept them filled and in the refrigerator. Voila, just like having a Brita Pitcher at home and not nearly weight or space of bottles of Water. For shore excursion I bought a bottle as I exited the ship. Hope this helps someone.

No, they don't add anything. What you're experiencing is showering in distilled/filtered water that doesn't include the minerals and chemicals that your shower at home does.

I love the ship water. Coffee, tea and ice all taste better, and you have an unlimited supply of water that's cleaner/better than what you get it bottles (often filtered tap water). I can't imagine why anyone feels a need to buy/haul water on a ship, but that's just me.

I completely agree. I've never understood it...unless it's someone stockpiling on the off chance that the ship will be delayed at sea with electrical problems, which could shut down the pumps. That's really the only reason to carry water aboard, but is it worth it? Personally, I bring an empty cup and fill it with ship's water fairly often.

DML

Archived