I need interline help!

Peace2U

We would love to book a Disney cruise but were told that Disney doesn't post their interline rates until about six weeks before the cruise. By that time, the cruises, at least the shorter ones, will be full. What's the secret to getting a good deal????

We would love to book a Disney cruise but were told that Disney doesn't post their interline rates until about six weeks before the cruise. By that time, the cruises, at least the shorter ones, will be full. What's the secret to getting a good deal????

I prefer to book early. There are discounted rates offered on some cruises once its past the paid in full date but not all and they are generally not less than opening day prices. Sailing at off peak times is probably the least expensive way to book but that isn't possible for us.

You are referring to airline employee rates. They were offered on almost every Dream sailing last Sept through January. I haven't seen them offered on the Fantasy. Only on the Dream, Magic and Wonder. We sailed on the Dream last Sept 23 4 nighter. The cost for 2 adults and 2 children was 1100 for cat 5c gty. I guess around 60% off. . We ended up in room 7024. I booked the middle of August. The ship was only about 70% full even with all the great discounts they were offering, such as interline, military, Florida resident and VGT. The only ships that sell out are during the peak time, and those won't be discounted.

Edited by MCOnut

Wow, 60% is great! I am so afraid to book that late! Do they ever give a discounted ticket once the interline rates are out if you book at the regular rate before that? In my dreams, right? :rolleyes:

Wow, 60% is great! I am so afraid to book that late! Do they ever give a discounted ticket once the interline rates are out if you book at the regular rate before that? In my dreams, right? :rolleyes:

No You can't cancel and rebook if that's what your asking. I think it really depends on the time of year you are going. If your planning on cruising during hurricane season I think waiting until after the 75 day mark is the way to go. If you can't get a interline rate than they usually offer the VGT rates. In the Spring or Summer I wouldn't hold your breath for a good discount. Your probably better off booking early.

I think Disney puts out their discounts about a month early but if your flexible you can get huge discounts. For instance they have May 4th 6 day Galveston for about $500 for balcony (military discount). We got 4 day Dream balcony for $340 Dec 1 (2012). Not sure about airline but think they are similar.

I think Disney puts out their discounts about a month early but if your flexible you can get huge discounts. For instance they have May 4th 6 day Galveston for about $500 for balcony (military discount). We got 4 day Dream balcony for $340 Dec 1 (2012). Not sure about airline but think they are similar.

They are similar and so true about the flexibility. Unfortuantely my Dh who is the airline employee bids his vacations in the Fall for the following year. It's hard to be flexible when your locked into certain dates. For us it's a matter of luck and we got lucky last year. All of the cruise lines offer huge military/airline last minute discounts. I may have to consider another line if Disney is not discounted this September.

• 7 months later...