Alaska out of seattle

planb

Anyone know how long it takes from the airport to the pier for the Golden Princess Alaska cruise? Also we wonder of we have a 10 am flight out after the cruise if that is doable or are they known to be late into port? Only have had 1 cruise where it would of never worked at the sea had it's own ideas for our sailing. Last but not least any info about the trip the places what to do and if better to get a balcony or a mini suite. Only worry about the later as the are open to all and the weather that can play tricks in Alaska. Thanks for any help !

Yes, I think 11:30 am or later for your flight home. Long airline check in lines, too, in addition to security lines. Some may say you can make it if you carry off your own bags, but I wouldn't risk it.

It takes about 35 minutes to get to/from the airport/pier, but that is after you have your bags and group together and ready to go.

For me, it is more relaxing to have some extra time.

It's only about a 30 min drive, but as the others have stated security is awful at Sea-Tac with many LONG lines.

Last time we left Seattle, it took over an hour to get through the line. A couple of people missed their flights as a result. If you can change your flight to later in the day, it would be better in my opinion.

It's only about a 30 min drive, but as the others have stated security is awful at Sea-Tac with many LONG lines.

It *can* only take 30 minutes to get to the airport, but if there's an event (such as Seafair) going on, it could take much longer.

I wouldn't even consider a 10 AM flight!

Of course, I live near Seattle, so I can be home by 10. :D

If the stars all align you might make it, but I think it's iffy.

Is it an airline like jetblue you can pay extra to get the "speed through" line? The worst I"ve seen seatac is on the weekends, but I don't fly all the time like some business travelers. Maybe the other days are just as bad now.

Safest plan would be to change your flight to later if you can.

It's possible the ship could be late getting into port, but more likely something like clearing customs to delay disembarkation for everyone.

Anyone know how long it takes from the airport to the pier for the Golden Princess Alaska cruise? Also we wonder of we have a 10 am flight out after the cruise if that is doable or are they known to be late into port? Only have had 1 cruise where it would of never worked at the sea had it's own ideas for our sailing. Last but not least any info about the trip the places what to do and if better to get a balcony or a mini suite. Only worry about the later as the are open to all and the weather that can play tricks in Alaska. Thanks for any help !

We went on the Golden last Aug, weather was fabulous, we booked a mini suite for the three of us (siblings all adults) and a week before they upgraded us to the sun deck and a penthouse. HOWEVER, it was nice and MUCH more room we were fine with the mini suite as well. I personally and only personally have to have a balcony or window as I creep out on an inside. We made sure our flight out was after noon, one so we didnt have to rush and two so I didnt panic making it on time to the airport. That would be the last thing I want after a relaxing week on vacation is to put the stress right back on trying to get to the airport :) A balcony is nice and the mini suite will give you a bit more room if you plan on one of those you should be fine and have a great time. I really love going up and getting tea or coffee and sitting on my balcony coming into port. When we pulled into Juneau we were on dock side so while we sat there, there were a number of eagles that flew right by us to sit in the trees. :D I would above all strongly suggest making your flight out later if possible, that way everything will be relaxed and not rushed. We are going again this aug and I booked two days before in seattle and a 3pm flight home (trip home falls on labor day weekend so a bit busier I assume) Good luck and have a awesome trip!!!!

Archived