Is there time for shopping and lunch on a Viv cavetubing tour?

browneyedwoman

We are signed up for cave tubing w Viv tours. Our e-mail says to meet them at 9:30 AM. That will give us enough time to get off the ship, onto the tender and meet them. We are doing cavetubing only, no zip lines. After the cave tubing will we have time to buy a mug and t shirts w Belize on them? I read that there are places at the cavetubing site where they sell t shirts, but will we have time at the end of the day to do shopping at the pier and will there be any stands still open? Does Viv tours provide lunch?

VIV doesn't provide lunch. There are some snacks for sale at the place where the van parks (where you'll change and start your hike to the launching point), but I wouldn't call it "lunch".

When we did VIV, our ship arrived at 8 am and we were on the 2nd tender, got to shore a little before 9 am. Stated meeting time for tour was 9 am with 9:30 am departure. After signing waivers, getting the groups split up into different vans, etc, we were off. Van ride was about 1.5 hours, then 45 min walk to tubing launch, then about an hour tubing, then some time to dry off/change and the return drive (another 1.5 hours).

When all was done, we weren't back at the port until a little after 3 pm. Last tender was 4 pm.

All the shops were still open so there was an opportunity for last minute shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little delayed, and you might have already tubed, but I figured I would post anyway for future reference :)

We just returned from our cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas, and we tubed with ViV. Our tour did include lunch - they indicated that it was something they were trying out to be more competitive in the off season. It was a pleasant surprise, since we were told it wouldn't be included! The food was pretty tasty.

We met our tour at 9:00 a.m., and were back to the ship at 4:00. The last tender was at 4:15, so we didn't feel like we had enough time to shop on the pier. With that being said, we took the first tender off the ship at 8:00, and had about 30 minutes to look around prior to the tour. I think it will all depend on the timing of your ship, but you will definitely have time to shop in the cave tubing park. It's not great, but there were about six vendors set up selling various things!

You will love ViV. We had a great time - definitely one of the best excursions I've ever done!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. We're back and we did the cavetubing. We went out to the meeting area from the first tender. On our way back to the ship we had about twenty minutes total for shopping on the way back. The took the second to last tender. My husband stood in the long line while I did did some frantic shopping at the pier for a few items. I did get my mug for my desk, my Xmas ornaments, T shirts and magnet. I always buy these from places we travel to.

• 2 months later...
VIV doesn't provide lunch. There are some snacks for sale at the place where the van parks (where you'll change and start your hike to the launching point), but I wouldn't call it "lunch".

When we did VIV, our ship arrived at 8 am and we were on the 2nd tender, got to shore a little before 9 am. Stated meeting time for tour was 9 am with 9:30 am departure. After signing waivers, getting the groups split up into different vans, etc, we were off. Van ride was about 1.5 hours, then 45 min walk to tubing launch, then about an hour tubing, then some time to dry off/change and the return drive (another 1.5 hours).

When all was done, we weren't back at the port until a little after 3 pm. Last tender was 4 pm.

All the shops were still open so there was an opportunity for last minute shopping.

Is the van ride comfortable? For some reason I thought I read VIV tours puts you on a bus.

Is the van ride comfortable? For some reason I thought I read VIV tours puts you on a bus.

We were on a 12 or 15 passenger type van. Not sure if they have large buses... if they do, we didn't see any the day we were there.

Are the vans comfortable? Not particularly for the length of ride. We were in the back and going over bumps wasn't very pleasant. Was it unbearable? No. But it wasn't the type of ride where you could take a nap.

We were on a 12 or 15 passenger type van. Not sure if they have large buses... if they do, we didn't see any the day we were there.

Are the vans comfortable? Not particularly for the length of ride. We were in the back and going over bumps wasn't very pleasant. Was it unbearable? No. But it wasn't the type of ride where you could take a nap.

Thanks much!

Archived